Submission Deadline: 31st May 2016
“Uongozi” means leadership in Kiswahili, and inspiring and strengthening leadership is the core purpose of our organisation. Based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, UONGOZI Institute is dedicated to supporting African leaders to attain sustainable development for their nations and for Africa
- The contest is open to all African citizens between the age of 18–25 years old, to write about their perspective on Leadership.
The essays should be no more than 2 A4 pages long.
The format shall be of single spaced, Arial font size 11 with page margins of 2.54cm for each margin, and sent as a Microsoft Word document.
Essays will be judged on the basis of originality, creativity, use of language and appropriateness to contest theme.
All essays must be written in English.
What would you do as a leader to address the challenges facing African businesses?
- A grand prize of USD $2,000 will be awarded to the overall winner of the essay contest.
- A total of five finalists will be selected.
- The finalists will be brought to Dar es Salaam to receive their awards at a prize giving ceremony to be held during the Africa Leadership Forum Dinner Gala on 28 th July, 2016, which will be attended by former Heads of State and senior leaders from across Africa in the public sector, private sector and civil society.
- The overall winner will be invited to read the winning essay at the event.
- The essay will alsobe published on UONGOZI Institute’s blog and in one of the leading regional magazines in Africa
How to Apply:
- Essays should be submitted by email to [email protected]
- Applicants must also submit proof of identification for travel(valid passport) and a written statement of originality and ownership of intellectual property rights.
- The final deadline for submission will be Tuesday, 31st May, 2016 (5pm GMT).
- The top five finalists will be notified via email by the first week of July.
- Feedback will not be provided on individual essays