In order to foster, support, and deepen our relationship with the next generation of researchers, we’d like to support outstanding research students in Africa to have the flexibility to take international travel to present their research work at top-tier tech research conferences.
At Google, we believe a diversity of attributes, experiences, and perspectives are needed to build tools that can change the world. Everyone deserves the opportunity to pursue a career in computer science and technology, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, disability or military service.
To help break down the barriers that prevent underrepresented groups in computer science from attending leading tech conferences, we’re excited to offer Google Travel and Conference Grants for selected conferences in Computer Science and related fields. Grants are available in North America for all traditionally underrepresented groups in technology (including, but not limited to, African Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans, persons with disabilities, women and veterans), in Europe for women in technology, in India and in Africa for students who have their research papers accepted at top-tier conferences in Computer Science and related areas.
To be eligible for a grant to attend an international conference, applicants must:
- Be a student enrolled with a recognised university in Africa who is in need of conference travel funds.
- Studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a technical field related to the conference subject.
- Have a paper accepted for presentation (oral or poster) in the main conference program at a top-tier Computer Science conferences.
- Be the sole or joint first author of the accepted paper.
- Free conference registration
- An award in the range of $1000 to $3000 that will cover conference registration, travel, accommodation and related expenses. Grant amount depends on cost for the international conference
How to Apply:
- Please submit this form by the deadline for the conference that you wish to attend.
- To encourage attendance at technical conferences, Google will provide selected recipients
Google review applications monthly, all year round, therefore you will get our reply four to six weeks from the date of the application. Once approved for a travel grant, the funds will be paid to the applicant’s university and the student may claim expenses using regular university procedures.
For any questions, please reach out to [email protected].
For More Information: