Application Deadline: September 10 2014
What: Regional Autumn School “Natural Resource Rights in the Arab Middle East and North Africa”
Where: Amman, Jordan
When: November 23 – 27, 2014.
Cost: Travel and accommodation costs of the participants will be covered by the Heinrich Böll Foundation.
The Autumn School is designed to build the capacities of the participants and to stir a debate about urgent current policy topics. It will also provide the international lecturers with information about and viewpoints from the region, and offer an excellent platform for exchanging ideas, opinions, arguments and sharing experiences across the region. The program shall promote networking among civil society actors, researchers,and activists in the region working in the fields of resource rights, governance, climate, gender and environment.
- This Autumn School inter alia addresses junior professionals, postgraduates, activists, and researchers working at NGO’s, civil society organizations, think tanks or other institutions from Arab countries in the Middle East and North Africa.
- The age range is between 20 and 35 years.
- The Autumn School will be conducted in Arabic and English with simultaneous translation.
- Good command of the English language is highly important since preparation material will be circulated before the Autumn School, a large part of which will consist of English literature.
- The participants are therefore asked to indicate their English level in the application form.
- Travel and accommodation costs of the participants will be covered by the Heinrich Böll Foundation.
- To be considered, an application should include the attached application form (available at www.ps.boell.org, www.lb.boell.org, www.tn.boell.org, and ma.boell.org) and a Curriculum Vita as well as a short paper (2 pages maximum).
- The paper should focus on the topic of the Summer School and show the applicant’s knowledge as well as their ability to work independently and creatively.
- To this end, the applicant should choose a topic from within the subject area and point out its relevance to their local or national context, e.g. by introducing an exemplary project, a current debate etc.
- This can be written in form of an essay or a short academic paper.
Hand in your application documents via email.
Applicants from Morocco are asked to submit their application documents in English, Arabic, or French to: Heinrich Böll Foundation Rabat, Ms. Zainab Elguerrab ([email protected])
Applicants from other North African countries are asked to submit their application documents in English, Arabic, or French to: Heinrich Böll Foundation Tunis, Mr. Wissam Gallala ([email protected])
For More Information: