Application Deadline: Friday December 14th 2018 12 noon GMT
The New Media Writing Prize (NMWP) showcases exciting and inventive stories that integrate a variety of formats, platforms, and digital media. This international prize is now in its 9th year. The prize encourages and promotes the best in new media writing and is leading the way toward the future of the ‘written’ word and storytelling.
The NMWP has attracted entries from the very best and most innovative writers in the field. For the 2018 competition there will be four prizes: The if:book UK New Media Writing Award, the Unicorn Student Award, the Dot Award, and the Cision Journalism Award.
- innovative use of new media to create an engaging, satisfying narrative or poem;
- ease of accessibility for the reader/viewer;
- effective use of interactive elements;
- an example of how new media can do things that traditional media cannot do;
- the potential to reach out to a wide audience, i.e. not just specialist interest groups.
- The Competition is free and open to any person whatever his/her age or nationality.
- BU assumes that where an entrant is under 18, the entrant’s parents have consented to his/her entry in the Competition and his/her agreement to be bound by the Rules.
- Unicorn Student Award: a paid work: placement of 3 months at Unicorn Training, Bournemouth, UK, or £500 in cash if the winner is unable to take up the internship.
- if:book UK New Media Writing Prize: £1000 donated by if:book UK, where the winner may also be a student, ie. satisfies point d. of clause 7.
- The Journalism Award: £750 for the winner.
- The Dot Award: £500 and development support, offered by if:book UK.
- To submit his/her entry each entrant must do the following by Friday November 30th 2018 12 noon GMT or if a Student entry, by Friday December 14th 2018 12 noon GMT
- For the if:book Prize and the Unicorn Student Award send an email to [email protected] including the valid URL address of the entrant’s work for entries accessible on the Internet, or the explanation of how the panel can access the entrant’s work for entries which can only be viewed on a mobile phone or another electronic device;
- For the Dot Award, send an email to [email protected]
- For the Journalism Award, send an email to [email protected]
For More Information: