Application Deadline: February 15th, 2016 midnight (GMT)
Google is committed to supporting improvement in computer science teaching and learning. The CS4HS annual awards program supports universities, colleges, and non-profits dedicated to providing exemplary computer science professional development for teachers.
CS4HS is an annual funding program to improve the computer science (CS) educational ecosystem by providing funding for the continuation of CS teacher professional development worldwide
Funding Intentions for 2016
Research shows that peer-to-peer professional development and on-going support improve teachers’ abilities to adopt and implement new content and skills
(Joyce & Showers, 2002; Wiske, Stone, & Levinson, 1993). Based on this research, Google’s intention in 2016 is to provide funding support for:
- Professional development workshops (face to face and online)
- Establishment of or work with existing communities of practice (COP) that will support ongoing professional development and advocacy for CS on an ongoing basis.
To apply for a CS4HS award you must meet the following requirements:
- Your professional development opportunity must include a plan for year-round communities of practice work that supports ongoing PD and advocacy for Computer Science.
- Affiliated with a university, technical college or an official non-profit organization.
- Project must develop high school teachers or student’s understanding of computer science and contain computer science content that will be relevant in the classroom.
- Project must be in the form of either a teacher training workshop or teacher and student training workshops, an online course (MOOC) or a teacher resource project.
- Previous applicants are welcome to apply, if adding a new dimension to former projects or launching a new computer science project.
- AwardsInstitutions may receive support of up to $15,000 each. Additional funding is available for projects with regional reach and the potential to scale nationally. This can be through MOOCs or collaborating with other organisations.
For funded projects, Google appreciate receiving news about your project so Google can measure the impact of this program.
- Google will fund applications that include strong plans for the establishment of new or existing communities of practice.
- These communities will bring teachers together to encourage and support each other in their learning and ongoing professional development.
Apply Now for the Google’s Computer Science for High School (CS4HS) Programme 2016
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the 2016 Google’s Computer Science for High School (CS4HS) Programme