Application Deadline: 7th September 2016 at 11:59pm (GMT).
GSK and Save the Children announced the launch of their fourth annual $1 million Healthcare Innovation Award that rewards innovations in healthcare that have helped to reduce child deaths in developing countries.
The Healthcare Innovation Award is looking for innovations focused on providing healthcare solutions to children under-five, working to reduce child mortality rates within developing countries.
- Be from a country classified as ‘low’, ‘lower-middle’, or ‘upper-middle’ income by the World Bank. Countries classified as ‘high income’ by the World Bank or that are in the European Union are not eligible.
- Describe an innovative approach or process applied to under-5 child survival that can demonstrate impact within an eligible country
Winners of this years’ award will benefit from the following:
- A cash donation from a USD$1 million Award fund that has been made available by GSK
- Promotion through public award announcements and international media coverage
- A ‘Roundtable’ event in their local community that will convene interested and relevant stakeholders from the public, private and non-profit sectors to provide a support network that can help improve and grow the innovation
- Potential additional support may include volunteer and/or technical assistance from GSK and Save the Children staff and country offices
In addition to recognising innovations that are helping to save children’s lives, this year, judges are also looking for transformative initiatives that are helping to save the lives of children in the hardest to reach communities.
From July – early September 2015 (the exact date will be released soon), organisations from across developing countries can nominate examples of innovative health approaches they have implemented. These approaches must have resulted in tangible improvements to under-5 child survival rates, be sustainable and have the potential to be scaled-up and replicated.
Submit or review your application for the Healthcare Innovation Award.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the GSK Healthcare Innovation Award 2016