Application Deadline: September 22nd 2015
Editor Application Deadline: October 15, 2015.
What: The GroundTruth Project is seeking applicants for up to five reporting fellowships to join its editorial team in November 2015.
The GroundTruth Project is dedicated to training a new generation of international correspondents in the digital age and to adding increased knowledge and understanding on issues of social justice including human rights, freedom of expression, emerging democracies, the environment, religious affairs and global health.
The GroundTruth Project is building a robust and diverse editorial team of reporting fellows and editors to lead a multimedia reporting project over the next three years that will track the impact of global warming.
- Reporting fellowship applicants can be from any country, but must be early in their careers and show a demonstrated interest in, and unique talent for, covering the environment.
- GroundTruth is also seeking experienced editors to lead the project.
- Editors must have at least three years experience reporting and editing, preferably with a focus on the environment.
- Selected fellows will travel to France to cover the 2015 Paris Climate Conference in December and work with the GroundTruth team to shape an in-depth, multimedia package to be reported over the next three years.
- During the four-week fellowship, fellows will produce live coverage of the event, develop sources and ideas and receive training and mentorship from veteran correspondents.
- They also will become eligible for additional climate change reporting opportunities with GroundTruth that will continue through 2018.
- The work the GroundTruth Project team produces will be featured on all WGBH News platforms: Radio, TV and Digital, and offered to our national editorial partners, including PRI’s The World, PBS NewsHour, PBS NOVA, MSNBC and others.
To apply as an editor, please send an updated resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Climate Fellowship Editor Application.”
You may address the cover letter to:
Charles M. Sennott
The GroundTruth Project
10 Guest Street
Boston, MA 02135
Apply Now for the Climate Change Reporting Fellowship
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the GroundTruth Project Climate Change Reporting Fellowship