Application Deadline: August 31, 2020.
This call is open to research institutions, think tanks, and non-governmental organizations with strong research capacity based in one of the countries of focus and with legal corporate registration. Research consortia comprised of up to three institutional partners may apply, however one partner must be designated as the lead institution. Preference will be given to projects with multi-stakeholder and multi-disciplinary teams.
UN, donor, and multi-lateral organizations are NOT eligible to apply. Applications from individual persons will NOT be accepted.
GrOW East Africa will support locally grounded in-depth evaluative and action research to identify and scale successful solutions for achieving women’s empowerment and gender equality in the world of work. The goal is to enhance effective and evidence-informed policies, programs, and interventions on unpaid care and the gender segregation of work to address persistent economic gaps in eastern Africa.
The program will support two types of research projects:
1. Evaluative projects that assess current or past programs related to GrOW East Africa thematic priorities to generate evidence about effective approaches. These projects will have a budget of up to CA$500,000 and a duration of up to 24 months.
2. Action research projects with key policy actors (government, private sector, or non-governmental) that test and/or scale solutions that address one or more of the priority themes of GrOW East Africa. These projects will have a budget of up to CA$700,000 and a duration of up to 36 months.
GrOW East Africa has two core thematic areas:
1. Tackling the continued labour market segregation and employment gender gaps.
We invite proposals that generate options, innovations, and scalable solutions for enhancing women’s increased participation in non-traditional sectors and in better, higher-paying jobs.
2. Reducing and redistributing women’s unpaid care work.
We invite research proposals that test locally grounded and scalable models for reducing and redistributing unpaid care work to improve labour market outcomes for women.
How to apply
- The submission deadline for proposals is August 31, 2020.
- All proposals must be submitted through the Survey Monkey portal. A peer review panel composed of technical experts will review and assess the proposals.
For More Information: