Application Deadline: 23rd July 2021
Seeds for the Future is Huawei’s global CSR flagship program. It is our most heavily invested CSR activity, and we will continue to invest in the program over the long term. Initiated by Huawei in 2008, the program seeks to develop local ICT talent, enhance knowledge transfer, promote a greater understanding of and interest in the telecommunications sector, and improve and encourage regional building and participation in the digital community.
Every year, Huawei invites students to discuss future trends and show them how they can harness new opportunities. The name of the program represents Huawei’s desire to nurture promising young professionals with the aim to reach all countries they operate in. Up to the end of 2016, the program had been implemented in 96 countries and international organization worldwide, benefiting over 30,000 students from 280 universities; among them, more than 2,700 university students from have taken a study trip to the Huawei headquarters.
In 2020, due to the COVID-19 continues unfolding around the world, we had to be more alert and careful while keeping eyes on the future and also to make sure students are still able to get chance to learn and experiencing the new things, hence we had held the ONLINE Seeds programme to cope with the unpredictable situation since last year. There were 50 students have joined online seeds programme in 2020 and the online event proved to be a great success.
Huawei and DCDT will continue the Seeds for the Future programme in 2021 and please find the Seeds application description below. You are welcome to submit the application for this journey!
- Total number of participants: 20 – 50 students
- South Africa citizen
- All university students with ICT related major (Computer Science, Electronic Science, Information Technology, Software, Engineering, etc.)
- Average of 70% academic marks
- Have a strong interest in telecommunications and technologies
- Team player and dedicated to training tasks (including but not limited to training tests and completing a high quality essay)
- Interested in China and Chinese culture
- Gender balances
An application package should contain:
- Completed application form containing: Personal Details such as Name, Gender, Race, DoB, motivation for your selection.
- Academic Records – including report for the last academic year and current progress
- ID copy
- Recommendation or Reference letter from Faculty/Division Head (optional, prefer to have)
- CV (optional)
- Any supporting documents
For More Information: