Hack4Water is a nationwide campaign seeking innovative technologies, stories and ideas from all sectors of society. Prizes will be awarded in five categories:
- Individuals or groups of individuals: individuals, teams, communities or NGOs with majority of members over 25 years of age
- Youth or Schools: pupils or youth under the age of 25
- Enterprise Category: established small, medium and large companies
- Researcher category: individuals and research teams based at universities and research institutes
- Storytelling: Journalists and individuals reporting on water issues using data and innovative and interactive storytelling methods
- All category winners will receive one month of marketing visibility provided by the Department of Water and Sanitation as part of their nationwide water awareness campaign. The will include print and online media placements, as well as radio and television slots with media partners.
- Category winners as well as finalists will share various other prizes including*:
- Funding of up to R300 000 for implementation of a pilot project, and incubation of your product/ business with The Innovation Hub*
- Tablet PCs from technology partners
- Travel to water events in South Africa to present your innovation to municipalities, water boards and industry
- Funding of R20 000 for the winning story
*New prizes will be added over the next few weeks.
*The Innovation Hub is based in Gauteng so candidates will either need to be based in the Province or have operations in the region to receive this support.
For More Information: