Application Deadline: 31st May 2016
The East African Wild Life Society (EAWLS) runs this annual photo competition to showcase the beauty of East Africa and its vast array of species. This competition brings focus to the threats facing wildlife in particular and the environment in general in this region.
The competition provides an interactive and fun way in which people from all walks of life can show their love for nature by sharing their pictures, while offering an unparalleled opportunity for exposure for nature photographers.
Free to enter, photographers of all ages, backgrounds and abilities are invited to submit their best single shots (specifically taken in East Africa), under the following categories:
- People in Action
- Forests and Trees
The East African Wild Life Society Photo Competition is proud that all winners and finalists:
- are part of a competition that recognises, rewards and celebrates the work of emerging talent and established professionals
- will be recognized and appreciated during the East African Wild Life Society Photo Competition awards ceremony,
- will see their images showcased in an exhibition in Nairobi
- will enjoy extensive media coverage and public exposure of their image through the East African Wild Life Society Photo Competition and SWARA audiences
The prizes that are up for grabs include:
- The official title of East African Wild Life Society Photo Competition Winner of 2016.
- 2 nights for 2 at Samburu Intrepids camp, Samburu National Reserve (sponsored by Heritage Hotels)
- 2 nights for 2 at Voyager Ziwani Camp, Tsavo West (x 2 vouchers) (sponsored by Heritage Hotels)
- 2 nights for 2 people at the world-famous Sosian Lodge (sponsored by Sosian Lodge)
- 1 night for 2 people at the Lake Nakuru Sopa Lodge (sponsored by Sopa Lodges)
- 1 night for 2 people at Satao Luxury Camp, Tsavo East (sponsored by Satao Camp)
- 1 night for 2 people at the Nairobi Tented Camp (sponsored by Gamewatchers Safaris)
- Complementary entry to the Giraffe Centre for all category winners (Sponsored by AFEW Kenya Ltd)
- 1 Year complementary membership to the East African Wild Life Society (EAWLS)
- Professional Photography Courses.
- Invitation to the awards ceremony
All winners and finalists will receive a personalized certificate.
- Entrants must submit images via the online entry form only. If images are posted on social media (Facebook and Instagram) and are not uploaded via the provided entry form, they will not be considered.
- A selection of the top entries, as selected by the organizers, will be posted weekly on the East African Wild Life Society (EAWLS) Facebook and Instagram pages with the hashtag #MyEastAfricanPhoto where the community will be asked to share and popularize the competition. These selections of images are prior to judging, and will be chosen by the East African Wild Life Society (EAWLS) simply to represent the variety and quality of images submitted so far.
- Judging will commence at the beginning of June 2016.
- On 16th July 2016 the overall winner as chosen by the Jury, the best young (as chosen by the Jury) and most engaging entry from the Selfie category (as voted on Facebook and Instagram) will be announced at an awards gala.
The winners, category finalists and the best of the shortlist images will be featured in the SWARA magazine (issue 3 and 4) and exhibited in Nairobi.
For More Information: