Application Deadline: 31 December 2020.
The ICRC Is pleased to announce the 2020 academic prize for best published work on IHL in the continent. The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is pleased to announce an academic prize for the best published work on International Humanitarian Law (IHL) in Africa in 2020.
As part of its mandate to work for the understanding and dissemination of knowledge of IHL and to prepare any development thereof, the ICRC works with academic communities to raise awareness and to encourage research and scholarship on this body of international law.
- The author(s) must be African nationals currently living or working in Africa. The submission must be in Arabic, English or French.
- Submitted works will be evaluated by a panel of IHL experts and the ICRC will award a 1,000 US dollars prize to the best published work.
- Authors may submit work that has been published between 1 September 2019 and 31 December 2020.
- The published work must be an article in a peer reviewed journal, a book chapter or a book, in the field of IHL. This includes works accepted for publication and in final proof by December 2020.
- Submissions must be received, via email to [email protected], by 31 December 2020.
For further information please contact:
The International Committee of the Red Cross, Communication Department,
Nairobi Regional Delegation,
Denis Pritt Road, P.O. Box 73226 – 00200 Nairobi, Kenya,
T +254 20 272 3963/ 271 3369,
E-mail: [email protected], www.icrc.org
For More Information: