Application Deadline: April 20th, 2018
The Master in High Performance Computing (MHPC) programme, coordinated by ICTP and the International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA), is now accepting applications for the 2018-2019 academic year.
ICTP is pleased to provide scholarships for successful applicants from developing countries: the deadline for applicants interested in these scholarships is 20 April 2018.
The Masters Degree in High Performance Computing is a cutting edge program designed to prepare students for the rapidly growing field of high performance computing. Set in the stimulating research environment of ICTP and SISSA, the programme combines lectures with hands-on and applied projects to prepare future HPC specialists for academia and industry.
MHPC coursework is driven by challenging scientific and technical problems that require an HPC approach. Lectures are provided by ICTP and SISSA staff and highly recognized international experts. Both institutes have long histories and experience in developing and applying scientific and research computation models.
Students who successfully complete the program will be able to address problems requiring advanced computational techniques in multiple domains, and communicate HPC technological issues in all scientific and industrial environments.
- The ideal student for the MHPC has a strong interest in information technology problems driven by scientific research or industrial needs.
- An academic Master Degree is required, although equivalent work experience may also be considered. Work experience will be evaluated during the admissions interview.
- No prior HPC knowledge is assumed, but candidates should have some experience in programming and a competence in one of the following languages: C, C++, Fortran.
- A sound knowledge of Linux operating system is also needed.
- A knowledge of Python language is assumed at the level of the first 39 exercises of the learn python the hard way
APPLICATIONS FOR ICTP FULL SCHOLARSHIPS
ICTP offers fellowships to candidates coming from Developing Countries: it covers the MHPC tuition fee, cost-of-living expenses and a return ticket from the origin country.
Send your application form: https://e-applications.ictp.it/applicant/login/2987
- Standard applications will soon be opened!
- For standard applicants there are opportunities to have the fee waived (and in some cases also a scholarship) by various supporters.
- Committed supporters (together with their offer) will be published on this page as soon as we receive them.
- Applications will be reviewed by the MHPC selection committee. Students will be selected based on information provided in their CVs, application forms, and recommendation letters. Short-listed candidates will be interviewed by phone, video conference or in person.
For More Information: