Application Deadline: February 28, 2017
As part of its Research and Capacity Building Program, the African Water Association is setting up research fellowships for young water and sanitation professionals in West Africa. This program, funded by USAID West Africa through the AfriCap Program (WASH – African Water Association – AfWA – Capacity Building Program –AfriCap), will provide young graduate students at the graduate level (Master II) with research scholarships. Each grant, amounting to $ 1,000, will reward each selected project in accordance with the budget.
Candidates for the award of a scholarship shall formulate their research topics in relation to one of the themes proposed in this call for applications. They may also apply with one of the research topics proposed by one of AfWA members. The topics will be available on AfWA’s website. To apply, applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Be a citizen of a West African country;
• Have duly registered in their academic institutions;
• Speak and write fluently in the language used by the academic institution;
• Have obtained an average greater than or equal to 12/20 or B in Master I;
• Present an application file including the last diploma, the transcripts of Master 1, the curriculum vitae, three letters of recommendation (one should be from the academic supervisor), the research proposal as specified in section 1.3 above, a letter of motivation and a plan of action for the studies.
Applicants must submit their application electronically simultaneously to the contact person of AfWA in their institution and to the coordination of the program ([email protected] and [email protected]).
The selected list will be posted on AfWA’s website and each beneficiary will receive an official notification from AfWA.
Deadline for submission
Students wishing to participate in the program are requested to submit their application by February 28, 2017. The date of publication of the list of beneficiaries for the 2016-2017 academic year is March 21, 2017.
A first screening will be carried out by the academic institution. This will enable it to select and transmit the five best applications to AfWA. AfWA’s Selection Committee for the award of scholarships to Young Professionals, on the basis of the applications submitted by the various institutions, will establish the final list of beneficiaries.
For More Information: