Application Deadline: May 15th 2015
The PhD Programme will be carried out jointly between the University of Nairobi and ICRAF with co-supervisors from the Swedish Universities. The student will spend about 3months at a Swedish university. The PhD student will be formally enrolled at University of Nairobi under the condition that is set by the Board of Postgraduate Studies and registered as a PhD Fellow at ICRAF
- Completion of a degree at the Masters level in a scientific subject of relevance for the project
in a recognized University.
Excellent communication skills in English will be expected.
The ideal candidate should have basic training in some of the following areas: aerial photography,remote sensing, GIS, advanced statistics, and experience from agricultural studies.
Those with knowledge in image interpretation, land use/land cover mapping, soil and water resources applications using aerial and satellite imageries at various scales, together with experience infieldwork, will have an added advantage.
- Comprehensive Curriculum vitae
- A pdf copy of a master thesis or equivalent independent work at the Masters level
- Transcript of BSc and MSc exams including grades
- Proof of proficiency in English Proficiency in relevant local/national language
- A certified copy of national ID or passport
- A list of at least three referees with contact details
- A statement of purpose showing the motivation for seeking the PhD scholarship; the motivation for choosing the announced scientific discipline Scholarship conditions
- The scholarship will cover approved fees for the study period in the University of Nairobi and field work cost
- A monthly stipend
- A visit to a Swedish University for at least 3 months during the project period
- The candidate should be ready to abide by all the conditions set by the graduate school of the registering University
- The programme is expected to begin during the 2015/16 academic year of the University of Nairobi. However, the candidate may be required to spend a period of time working as a research assistant prior to the start of the academic year.
- Deadline for applications is 15th May 2015.
- A telephone/skype interview will be arranged for shortlisted applicants.
- Where to send applications All applications should be sent to the following email addresses: email@example.com/Willis.firstname.lastname@example.org, I.Oborn@cgiar.org
For More Information: