Application Deadline: 8 April 2018.
The International Nuremberg Principles Academy is pleased to invite applications to the 2018 edition of the Nuremberg Summer Academy for Young Professionals taking place in Nuremberg, Germany, from 6 to 17 August 2018. The participants will include young prosecutors, judges, magistrates and academics, from different conflict and post-conflict countries.
The Nuremberg Summer Academy provides young professionals an invaluable opportunity and stimulating learning experience to acquire or deepen their knowledge of substantive and procedural aspects of international criminal law.
- Applicants should possess a good understanding of International Criminal Law and/or International Humanitarian Law.
- Applicants should have a minimum of 3 years of professional experience (prosecutors, judges, investigating magistrates) or be working on research projects or teaching in the field (academics).
- Applicants should have a Master degree in the relevant field.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is required.
- The Nuremberg Academy will select participants based on the quality of their application and due consideration given to gender balance and equitable geographic representation. Participants will be selected based on the written application and a Skype interview.
- Priority is to be given to young professionals directly involved in (or likely to be directly involved in) the investigation or prosecution of core international crimes, and to young professionals from conflict and post-conflict states.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The International Nuremberg Principles Academy will provide scholarships to selected applicants covering all costs including visa expenses, flights, travel insurance, full board and lodging, daily allowance, field trips, and transportation.
- Please send complete applications, including a cover letter (2 pages maximum) and a CV, directly via email (subject line: “Nuremberg Summer Academy 2018 application”) to Kiran Menon ([email protected]) by 8 April 2018.
For More Information: