Application Deadline: August 6, 2015 by 4:00 pm EST
International Development Research Center (IDRC) offers these awards to graduate-level Canadians, permanent residents of Canada, and citizens of developing countries. Research award recipients will undertake a one-year paid program of research on the topic they have submitted, and will receive hands-on experience in research management, grant administration, and the creation, dissemination, and use of knowledge from an international perspective.
January to December 2016 (12 months). Based in Ottawa, Canada (Select placements may be located in one of IDRC’s Regional Offices).
Salary for one year: CA$39,797-CA$46,070
Who can apply
To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, or a citizen of a developing country.
- You must be currently enrolled at a recognized university at the master’s or doctoral level OR
have completed a master’s or doctoral degree at a recognized university. These awards may be
part of an academic requirement.
- Your proposed research must focus on one or more developing countries.
- Candidates cannot receive any other Canadian government scholarship, award, subsidy, bursary, or honorarium, or hold any federal government contract in support of a research/work project for the duration of the award.
- If you are a non-Canadian residing, relocating, or studying in Canada and are recommended for an award, you will need a valid work permit before working at IDRC.
- For payroll purposes, awardees are considered as full-time employees of IDRC. Benefits include Employer contributions to Employment Insurance, Employer Health Tax, Canada Pension Plan, and paid vacation leave. Some travel and research expenses are also supported, up to a maximum of CA$15,000.
- As a research award recipient, you will undertake a one-year paid program of research on the topic you submitted to the competition and receive hands-on experience in research management; grant administration; and the creation, dissemination, and use of knowledge from an international perspective.
- Awards will be announced in late November 2015
For More Information: