Upcoming Deadlines (for completed applications)
- January 15th, 2017 (Decisions will be made by February 28, 2017)
- March 15th, 2017 (Decisions will be made by April 30, 2017)
- May 15, 2017 (Decisions will be made by June 31,2017)
The new grant program, the “IMU – Simons African Fellowship Program” will run for 5 years until September 2021.
There will be approx. 6 deadlines per year.
- The program supports research sabbaticals for mathematicians from AFRICAN developing countries employed in AFRICA to travel to an Internationally known mathematical centre of excellence/ university (WORLDWIDE) for collaborative research.
- The program is not for any post graduate courses or post doctoral training but for a LIMITED RESEARCH PERIOD.
- The grant covers TRAVEL and LIVING COSTS of African mathematicians working in Africa (Specifically coming from a developing country, the definition of which is determined by the IMU for all its schemes) during the sabbatical.
The grant under this scheme will cover:
- Travel costs from the place of work of the applicant to that of the host to the extent of economy class airfare (Public) transport (surface transport by rail or bus between the nearest city where the airport is located and the headquarters of the candidate or the city/town where the host institution is located, if necessary)
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance charges
- Basic living costs
- Accommodation cost (guest house of the institution or rented flat if possible).
- Maximum four (4) Taxi fares (on submission of receipts) may be allowed to travel between the residence and the airport/railway station (upon arrival and departure).
Maximum support per grantee is USD 5,000 (the money is transfered in EURO).
All invoices including all boarding tickets have to be kept by the grantee and be sent (original) to the CDC/ IMU Secretariat by regualar mail. Unspent funds have to be returned to CDC.
In order to apply please take the following steps:
- Please fill out and submit the online application form for the IMU-Simons Programs.
- Then send the application with all requested documents (two CVs: of the host and the applicant, detailed Research plan, invitation letter by the host institution, letter by the home institution, budget details (in EURO)) as one joint pdf document to CDC Grants via email <[email protected]>.
For More Information: