Application Deadline: March 15th 2021
During the period of sponsorship until 2022, the ISA offers up to 12 students and professionals every year (see requirements) an 8-month research stay in Hamburg, together with a further month of sponsorship in their home country in order there to complete and customize the results of the research report. The primary focus is on the close exchange of know-how amongst the scholarship holders during their individual research work. Further focal points of the program are training courses and internships developed together with the scholarship-holders, visits to Best Practice companies and institutions. Students will be supervised and supported in the subject matter by the ISA and selected universities and research centers.
Beginning and duration (Round 3 2021/22): 15th Mai 2021 to 15th February 2022, 9 months
Location: In the WÄLDERHAUS in Hamburg/Wilhelmsburg, Germany
Sponsorship: The costs for accommodation in flat-shares, the work station, the costs of return flights, health insurance and a 10-week German language course will be taken over. In addition each sponsorship-holder will receive an amount of money for the research work.
- Costs of the stay will be paid
- € 1,300 per month expenses (includes own research and as applicable, excursions and internships)
- Health insurance
- accommodation (private, furnished flat-share room (ca. 12m²) with shared bathroom and kitchen)
- return flight (Economy Class (max. three stopovers, flight from home country airport) (airport transfer in home country may be granted under justified circumstances)
- airport transfer in Hamburg with public transport
- season ticket for the use of public transport in Hamburg
- costs of group excursions
- BMZ sponsorship regulations apply
- Applicants must come from countries or regions on the DAC list
- Evidence of English skills of at least B2 or better
- Evidence of university degree and/or relevant professional experience
- Applicants must already be working on a project or research in their home country, ideally on the theme of climate protection which they can further consolidate in Germany. It is important that the benefits to the home country can be seen
- The project must be attributable to one or more Sustainable Development Goals (SDG ́s)
- You must apply for a visa at the Germany Embassy in your home country
- There is no age limit for applicants.
- Selection is based on the following requirements and the dimensions deduced from them:
- INTELLECTUAL ABILITIES – Specialist qualification – general education/ open-mindedness and interest/ creativity;
- VALUE ORIENTATION / RESPONSIBILITY – standpoint and tolerance – independent thinking
- GENERAL environment policy commitment – volunteer activities taking into account own artistic or scientific performance
- PERSONALITY – motivation – potential – personal presentation – social competence
Application documents for the pre-selection procedure:
- Evidence of educational qualifications, diploma, Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Letter of motivation, 1,000 characters
- A typed or word processed, formulated, 3–4 page curriculum vitae with date and signature (not tabular, written on one side only and not tacked together)
- Evidence of English skills (min. B1)
- Project description, 1,500 characters
- Eligibility for a stay abroad (matriculation, authorization from employer)
Selection criteria and procedures:
- Applications are to be made using the form on this website that will be released about 10 months before the beginning of each of the courses. Documents required for the application can be uploaded directly into the template.
- Please note that only complete application documentation can be taken into account
- During the applications phase the project team is available for your questions per e-mail, phone or video conference. Closing date for applications as a rule is 6 months beforehand.
- A telephone interview will be conducted with interesting candidates. In the selection process not only Project Leader and Educational Specialist take part but also two independent representatives, for example, from a company or an educational establishment.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the ISA Scholarship Program 2022