Application Deadline: July 20th 2018
The annual EQUALS in Tech Awards recognize that information and communication technologies are a powerful tool for transforming the lives of women around the world, and that women play an important role in tech development.
This year’s EQUALS in Tech Awards will be presented in four categories:
- Access: Initiatives related to improving women and girl’s digital technology access, connectivity and security.
- Skills: Initiatives that support development of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) skills of women and girls.
- Leadership (2 subcategories):
- Initiatives focused on promoting women in decision-making roles within the ICT field.
- Initiatives promoted by tech sector companies to bridge the digital gender divide.
- Research: Initiatives prioritizing research on gender digital divides and producing reliable evidence to tackle diversity issues within STEM and computing fields
By providing a platform for outstanding initiatives, the awards demonstrate the diverse and powerful ways in which ICTs can be used to improve social, political and economic prospects for women and girls – as well as the value that women bring to the tech sector. The competition is also generously supported each year by leading companies and others committed to bridging the gender digital divide.
Gain recognition and international visibility for your innovative work
Engage with diverse stakeholders and network with potential partners, including prospective donors
Share knowledge and best practices with like-minded audiences
Become a part of the growing EQUALS community
How to Nominate
- The awards are open to civil society, government agencies, UN system and international organizations, companies and academia.
- Nominate yourself or others who have done exceptional work to bridge the digital gender divide.
For More Information: