Application Deadline: 31st of October 2022.
The International Water Resources Association (IWRA) is pleased to announce that the call for applications is now open for the World Water Envoys Programme.
The selected representatives will have the opportunity to showcase the difficult water issues they and their communities face, and the solutions they are exploring when it comes to balancing water needs of humans and nature during the XVIII World Water Co.
During the Congress, each World Water Envoy will have the opportunity to briefly introduce the difficulty in balancing the water needs of humans and nature in their community and the impacts those competing needs have on everyday life. They will then have the chance to discuss these issues and potential solutions in more detail over the following days with experts attending the Congress and in a dedicated workshop.
During the Closing ceremony, they will be asked to summarise what they have learned over the week, and what connections they made that might help their community to better meet the water needs of humans and nature in their community.
The collaboration between IWRA and the World Water Envoys will begin before the Congress. The months leading up to the Congress in September 2023 are also an opportunity for the Envoys to engage with each other and with IWRA and give them the opportunity to take part in related IWRA Task Forces and projects.
- IWRA would like to hear stories from youth and young professional representatives at the World Water Congress.
- In that regard, IWRA invite people aged 18-35 from across the globe who are passionate about water resource management, to share their stories and work as they embark on their careers. IWRA especially encourages applications from developing countries, women and underrepresented groups.
The World Water Envoys will be funded to come to Beijing, including:
- One economy round-trip ticket to Beijing, China
- Accommodation including breakfast from 10-15 September 2023
- Travel insurance for the duration of the trip
- Full registration to the Congress, including all lunches, and a ticket to the gala dinner
- One-year free Gold membership to IWRA
To apply, candidates have to submit the following:
- A video recording of up to 2 minutes made on a phone or laptop introducing the conflicting water needs of humans and nature in their community, explaining what the problem is, how it is impacting their community, and what solutions have been found or are being explored so far.
- One high-resolution headshot of yourself with a clear background.
- One high-resolution digital photo that best illustrates the impact of conflicting water needs of humans and nature in their community and/or the attempted solution. The candidate should be the author of the photo.
- A completed application form, that includes all requested information, as well as consent for IWRA to use any submitted images.
- The candidates should be between 18 and 35 years old and be able to talk about their situation in public and in English. It does not matter where the candidates come from, but their community must have conflicting water needs for both humans and nature, and they must be pursuing or have achieved a solution to harmonise these.
- All items must be sent to [email protected] by the 31st of October 2022.
For More Information: