Application Deadline: Friday, October 21, 2016, MIDNIGHT GMT-4.
As part of the 2017-19 Jeanne Sauvé Public Leadership Program, the Foundation invites bright young change-makers from a wide range of disciplines and sectors from Canada and around to world to take part in a remarkable leadership journey.
Following in the thematic footsteps of the inaugural program, our next cohort of Fellows will explore the complexities of Public Leadership for Culturally Diverse Societies: The Inclusion Imperative. The 2017-19 Jeanne Sauvé Fellows will be invited to collectively explore how public leaders can help diverse societies to thrive by making inclusion of all cultural groups a guiding principle.
The Program is a unique two-year opportunity. It begins with a full-time residential leadership experience in Montreal with a dozen select Public Leadership Fellows. This is followed by a field phase, in which Fellows return to their respective communities and countries in order to apply the skills and new ideas developed during the residential phase. Fellows benefit from intensive leadership development training and support during the residential year and some ongoing support from one another and the Foundation during the field year.
The Jeanne Sauvé Fellowship is the beginning of a lifelong personal and professional leadership development journey as part of a global community of courageous, connected change-makers.
- Be between 25 and 30 years of age (inclusive)
- Have completed at least one university degree
- Possess high oral and written proficiency in English (French language skills are an asset)
- Have at least 3 years of full-time professional experience
- Have a strong record of leadership benefitting a particular community or cause in the public interest
- Candidates between 25 and 30 years of age with backgrounds in advocacy, the arts, communications, journalism, education, engineering, governance, law, politics, security, social innovation and other fields related to public leadership are invited to apply to this program.
- The Jeanne Sauvé Fellows are provided with a fellowship.
- They are also given accommodation in the Sauvé House at no cost.
- Outside the Jeanne Sauvé Public Leadership Program, the Foundation does not offer scholarships to students.
- Jeanne Sauvé Fellows come from Canada and around the world. Each Fellow is designated a visiting academic trainee by either McGill University, our founding partner and academic home, or Concordia University. On this basis, Jeanne Sauvé Fellows coming from outside Canada apply for a work permit to take up the Fellowship. In some cases, a visa is also required. The Foundation will assist you.
- Selected candidates are responsible for undertaking all steps necessary to secure this work permit. Reasonable* associated costs will be reimbursed by the Foundation upon the Fellows’ arrival in Canada.*Expenses above $150 must be approved in advance by the Foundation.
Are all travel and visa costs covered by the Program?
- Yes, the Foundation reimburses all reasonable* visa/permit and economy fare travel costs incurred by participants in the course of their visa/permit applications.*Expenses above $150 must be approved in advance by the Foundation.
The Foundation also covers the costs of economy travel to and from Montreal at the start and end of the residential program (exact dates to be approved in advance by the Foundation).
Applications will be considered as of Friday, September 23, 2016. The deadline for submission of applications is Friday, October 21, 2016, MIDNIGHT GMT-4.
Applications will be processed as they are received. Applications uploaded early in this period are therefore encouraged.
- Application documents submitted by the applicant and uploaded to the Reviewr Platform:
- Complete Application Form
- Scanned passport photo page
- Scanned academic transcripts
- Three recommendation forms, submitted directly by the applicant’s three recommenders:
- Professional Recommendation
- Academic Recommendation
- Personal Recommendation
Any application that does not include all of the above elements by the application deadline will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered by the Selection Committee.
For any questions about the application process, please contact us at [email protected].
For More Information: