Application Deadline: November 13, 2022
The YALI RLC SA Online program is a 7 weeks long and comprises of lectures, online forum discussions and various activities aimed at making the learning acquired in the program as practical and meaningful as possible. The virtual space provided by the online program offers the flexibility needed by some individuals. One can participate in the comfort of their home, among family.
The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) is a signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders. The YALI Regional Leadership Center Southern Africa (RLC SA) is hosted by the University of South Africa at the Graduate School of Business Leadership in Midrand, South Africa. The RLC SA aims to create critical thinkers who can solve complex, multidisciplinary problems; foster entrepreneurial and innovative thinking; and encourage cross-border communication and multicultural collaboration.
The RLC SA develops the skills of young African leaders by providing core training in contemporary African issues, as well as specialized training in three key areas: Business and Entrepreneurship; Civic Leadership and Public Management.
- A proven record of leadership in public service, business and entrepreneurship, or civic engagement. They can be new entrants in public and private service institutions looking to develop their leadership abilities.
- Proven record of knowledge, interest, and professional experience in the sector/track selected.
- Proven record of active engagement in public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship.
- Selected participants applying for the contact session must be willing to travel to the RLC SA in Midrand, Johannesburg or Maputo for the duration of the program.
- A commitment to apply leadership skills and training to benefit your country and/or community after the program.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Knowledge of youth leadership and development issues
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a small or large team setting
- Proven computer skills
- Cultural sensitivity
- Positive attitude
- Dedication, responsibility and reliability
Applicants must meet the following criteria
• Age (18-35)
• Demonstrated commitment to positively impact their communities, countries, and the African continent • Proven experience and track record in Public Management, Business and Entrepreneurship, or Civic Leadership
• Citizenship of: Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Lesotho, Malawi, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia or Zimbabwe.
• Ability to commit to a seven-weeks online course
• English language proficiency
The program encourages applications from
• Rural based and economically disadvantaged young leaders
• Young leaders with disabilities
• People who are HIV positive or who are living with AIDS
• Individuals that represent and advocate for the rights of LGBTIQ communities across the region • Other minority groups
• English language proficiency
YALI Southern Africa Regional Leadership Program 2023 (Online Cohort 15 & Onsite Cohort 20) is open until November 13, 2022.
For assistance contact: Lekina Mahloko, Recruitment and Selection Team, YALI Regional Leadership Center Southern Africa Tel: +27 11 652 0317 / 0354; E-mail: [email protected]
THERE ARE NO FEES REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR OR PARTICIPATE ON THE PROGRAM
For More Information: