Application Deadline: 15 September, 2017
JIAS invites applications for its writing semester from 1 February to 31 May 2018. Fellowships are open to people with any expertise – previous Fellows have included academics, novelists, scientists, poets, playwrights, humanities specialists, independent researchers and journalists.
The Johannesburg Institute for Advanced Study (JIAS) is a joint initiative of the University of Johannesburg (UJ), South Africa, and Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. Its purpose is to promote advanced research in the humanities and natural sciences, beyond the regular teaching and research activities at institutions of higher learning. JIAS is the first fully fledged institute of advanced learning in Gauteng, South Africa’s political and economic heartland.
JIAS Writing Fellows enjoy a quiet space for work, reflection, and academic community-building amidst the Melville Koppies of Johannesburg.
- Each Writing Fellow will receive accommodation in one of 12 private residential suites at JIAS
- ; breakfast and lunch each day;
- access to the facilities of the nearby University of Johannesburg; and
- a monthly stipend.
- To apply, please submit a two-page outline of a writing proposal, a comprehensive CV, and the name and contact details of three referees.
- Applications must be sent to email@example.com before 15 September, 2017
For More Information: