Application Deadline: September 15th 2016
(for Africa-based Agricultural Research Scientists and University-Level Teachers)
JR Biotek Foundation (JRBF) is offering a fully funded scholarship to a PhD student
studying in Africa to attend the JRBF Scientific Laboratory Training Workshop to be held at the University of Cambridge, UK from 27th March to 5th April 2017.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
The ideal candidate must be:
- A PhD student studying in an African university/institution and currently undertaking research in the field of agriculture. Agricultural research projects with potential impact on food security in their home countries will be given priority.
- Have proven intellectual and leadership abilities
- Have the passion to advance knowledge and technical expertise in the field of
agricultural research in their home institution
- Number of scholarship: One
- Value of scholarship: The scholarship covers all costs including travel and accommodation at Cambridge for the duration of the training (does not cover visa fees)Eligible Countries:
- PhD Students studying in any African university
- The Scientific Laboratory Training Workshop is designed for agricultural research scientists and university-level teachers from universities and research institutes in Africa. Ideal candidates will be PhD-level students, scientists and lecturers who are currently involved in agricultural research and/or teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Candidates must demonstrate a clear need to acquire new knowledge and practical experience in molecular techniques utilized in the field of agricultural research.
- 16th September, 2016: Applications close
- 30th September, 2016: Successful applications announced
30th November, 2016: Payment deadline (to confirm your place)
Important Notes: In the application form, interested candidates should state that they
are applying for the above scholarship in the section asking about funding. Other candidates not awarded the scholarship can also register for the conference.
JR Biotek Foundation (JRBF) is a not-for- profit organization established as an action-
oriented entity to enhance scientific research and research-based education in sub-
Saharan Africa. JRBF seeks to help countries in SSA build the required human capacity
for advancing scientific research and innovation so as to strengthen Africa’s bioeconomy and improve millions of lives in the continent.
For More Information: