Application Deadline: June 30th 2017
The KAAD Programme for sub-Saharan Africa is geared towards development of African countries and societies as well as development of qualified individuals.
Young university graduates, who have already taken over responsibility in church and society, should be empowered to continue along this line and do it in an even more qualified way. Beneficiaries of KAAD-scholarships are predominantly from needy families and display academic excellence. The ultimate aim of our scholarship policy is the promotion of so-called “Agents of Change”.
The focus countries in Africa today are: Ghana, Ethiopia, Zimbabwe and Kenya. Uganda and Tanzania are counted to be part of the focus region East Africa, apart from Kenya. There are four Partner Committees which are also responsible for the adjoining countries of the above mentioned.
In the focus countries Ghana, Kenya, Ethiopia and Zimbabwe, there is – within the S1-programme – also the possibility for Master-scholarships at local universities (so called “in-country scholarships”). The in-country scholars together with the alumni are convening in local KAAD-networks that aim at making an impact in church and society of their home countries.
or the scholarship programme 1 of KAAD you can apply if you:
- come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America and are currently living there
- have a university degree and professional experience from your home country
- want to acquire a master’s degree or a PhD at a German university or do a post-doctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university
- are a Catholic Christian (or general belong to a Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions can apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and can prove their commitment to interreligious dialogue
- possess German language skills before starting the studies (KAAD can provide a language course of max. 6 months in Germany).
What does KAAD expect from you?
- Above-average performance in studies and research
- The orientation of your studies or research towards permanent reintegration in your home region (otherwise the scholarship is turned into a loan),
- Religious and social commitment (activities) and willingness to inter-religious dialogue.
Interested graduates can fill an online questionnaire, which they find on the application webpage www.kaad-application.de.
For More Information: