Application Deadline: Monday, April 25, 2016.
Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation’s Science without Borders® Challenge is an international art competition that engages students to promote the need to preserve, protect, and restore the world’s oceans and aquatic resources.
The Science without Borders® Challenge was created to get students and teachers interested in ocean conservation through various forms of art. This annual contest inspires students to be creative while learning about important ocean conservation issues. The SWB Challenge is open to primary and secondary school students 11-19 years old, with scholarships of up to $500 awarded to the winning entries.
- This international art competition is open to all students 11-19 years old. Students must be enrolled in primary or secondary school. College and university students are not eligible for this contest.
- Work will be judged in two categories, with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes awarded for each:
- 11 – 14 year-olds
• 15 – 19 year-olds
- All artwork must be an original work by the contestant and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties.
- The artwork must be 2D with a minimum size of 11’’ x 14’’ (28 cm x 36 cm) and a maximum size of 20” x 30” (51 cm x 76 cm). Acceptable media includes paint, pencil, marker, crayon, ink, and chalk
- All submissions must be made by an individual artist. Group submissions are not permitted.
- Participants may submit only 1 art piece.
- Write your name in pencil on the back of your artwork.
- Fill out all required information on the entry form.
- Photographs of artists and artwork may be used in local publications and distributed to the media.
- The Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation reserves the right to disqualify artwork deemed as offensive.
- If the explanation of artwork is plagiarized, then it will be disqualified.
- Entries that do not comply with all of the contest rules will be disqualified
- Winners of the Science Without Borders® Challenge will be publicly announced. Prizes awarded to contestant winners are as follows:
For More Information: