Application Deadline: March 15th 2016
Financial support : € 200.000
The King Baudouin African Development Prize (awarded every other year) aims to reward individuals or organisations who are making an outstanding contribution to development in Africa. The Prize pays particular attention to initiatives which stand out as the best in their field significantly improve the quality of life of the populations they serve, and empower local communities to take development into their own hands.
- The submission of a candidate’s file may only be undertaken by a nominator.
- The selection committee will not consider applications by individuals who are applying for the Prize themselves or for an organization within which they are active.
- The Prize will be awarded to Africans or organisations which are founded and led by Africans.
- Does the candidate have concrete realizations under his belt?
- Are they innovative and exemplary?
- Are they capable of being duplicated elsewhere on the continent?
- Is there a long-term vision?
- Is the financial management healthy and transparent
- Are the initiatives embedded at local level ?
- Do they take into account the gender perspective?
- Are the initiatives directed at all actors of society (inclusiveness)?
For More Information: