Korean Government Scholarship Program are open to international students for pursuing undergraduate programme at higher educational institutions in Korea. The scholarship will contribute to promoting the international exchange in education and to deepening the mutual friendship among countries.
GKS (Global Korea Scholarship) Program is a scholarship program that paid by the Government of the Republic of Korea for foreign nationals in the Republic of Korea and the Ministry of Education organized, responsible for the project implementation agency directly under the Ministry of Education National Institute for International Education.
- To provide international students with opportunities to conduct advanced studies in undergraduate & graduate programs at higher educational institutions in the Republic of Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between countries.
※ Transferring between universities is not allowed. (e.g. Starting studies at the junior year is not allowed.)
Graduate course: Master’s or Ph.D. courses at general graduate schools of Korean universities
- Grantees are required to take Korean language training courses for 1 year at a language institution located on-campus of the domestic universities. (Those who have attained a Korean language fluency score higher than level 5 in TOPIK are exempt from this requirement.)
※ Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship.
– Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time.
– Should be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance. (Undergraduate)
– Should be under 40 years of age at the date of entrance. (Graduate)
– Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival. (Undergraduate)
– Hold a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree by the date of arrival. (Graduate)
※ Applicants who have previously enrolled in a university in Korea are not eligible to apply to the KGSP program. Specifically, an applicant who has previously enrolled in any undergraduate program, master’s program, or doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program.
|Actual cost||KRW 200,000||Under
than 5 million
KRW per semester)
|Announcement released||Sept. in the year prior to planned studies in Korea||Feb. in the year of planned studies in Korea|
(Korean Embassies, designated universities)
|Oct.-Nov. in the year prior to planned studies in Korea||Mar.-Apr. in the year of planned studies in Korea|
|Results released||Jan. in the year of planned studies in Korea||June in the year of planned studies in Korea|
|Arrival in Korea||Late Feb. in the year of planned studies in Korea||Late Aug. in the year of planned studies|
Applicants should submit all documents related to their scholarship application to the Korean Embassy in their country of residence to or the domestic university concerned.
The Korean Embassy or the domestic university sends proper candidates to NIIED with the required documents.
NIIED evaluates potential candidates and notifies the Korean Embassy of the final selected KGSP grantees.