Application Deadline: July 3, 2022
With the support of the Department of Economy, Knowledge and Employment of the Government of the Canary Islands, the Women for Africa Foundation is launching, for the second year, an online scholarship program with the aim of offering new learning opportunities to African women and, especially, to Spanish-speakers or with a high level of Spanish, since most of the studies are taught in this language.
The 2022 call includes a wide variety of courses in different subjects, including language courses, short university courses and specialized courses designed by the Universities of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and La Laguna, and their foundations, Fundación Canaria Universitaria de la Universidad de Las Palmas and Fundación Canaria General of the University of La Laguna, as well as by the Technological Institute of the Canary Islands (ITC).
All of them will be taken online and will be delivered between August and December 2022.
- Be a woman and have the nationality of an African country.
- Be enrolled in an African university or have a university degree issued in an African country. The degree required may vary depending on the scholarship requested (see detailed information of each scholarship).
- Have a stable internet connection and the appropriate technical equipment (computer, laptop, tablet …). All courses are online.
- Fulfill the specific requirements and have the technical/technological material required for the scholarship you are applying for.
- Only one application per person will be allowed.
- These online scholarships cover registration, tuition fees and certificate issuance costs.
- You must have a properly configured computer equipment and operating system to follow the online course, including Internet connection, web browser, operating system, desktop applications, webcam, Zoom/Microsoft Teams applications, etc.
- In order to know the language of the course you want to apply for, it is important that you read carefully the information shown in the description of the course you are interested in. Before applying, make sure you are aware of all the language and additional requirements.
- For those courses delivered in Spanish, a high level is required. This level will be proved through the presentation of a recognized language diploma/certificate, or through a telephone interview with the University.
- The beneficiary agrees to present a duly certified and translated copy of her university degree to the Spanish university (when required). If you are selected, we recommend starting this administrative process immediately after you accept the scholarship.
To apply for a scholarship you will need to attach the following documents:
- National identity card/Passport
- Photo + INFO
- CV + INFO
- University Degree (as required)
- Academic Record
- Motivation letter + INFO
- Official language level accreditation if required + INFO
- Any document specifically required by the scholarship
For More Information: