Application Deadline:15 March 2019
South African graduates are invited by the Embassy of France to apply to their competitive Masters and Doctorate scholarship program. Applications from all academic disciplines, especially science and technology, will be considered for the academic year starting in September 2019.
The French Embassy scholarships can completely or partially finance the annual tuition fees, health insurance and Schengen visa fees for selected applicants. The round-trip airfare and monthly stipend towards living expenses can further be covered. Co-funding opportunities are strongly encouraged to strengthen the collaboration between South African and French institutions and the public and private sector.
The French Embassy in South Africa has supported just over forty five students during the academic year 2017 /2018 with their Masters and Doctorate degrees. Some of the scholarship holders will continue with their studies in 2019/2020 at the French Higher Education institutions while others will return as France Alumni ambassadors to invest their acquired skills in South Africa.
Start identifying and applying to your French institutions now using the Campus France search engine.
Application form for French Embassy Master Scholarship programme 2019 – 2020
Documents required for a complete application:
1. Fully completed and signed application form.
2. Certified copy of passport (valid for the period of your stay in France).
3. Certified copies of all degree certificates and academic transcripts, chronological according to
date of completion (both for complete and incomplete qualifications).
4. Curriculum vitae (no longer than two pages).
5. Motivation letter (no longer than two pages).
6. Acceptance letters from 3 academic institutions in France (if you have not yet been accepted,
proof of correspondence with the institutions will be required indicating that you have
commenced the application process).
7. The internet links of the three academic institutions indicating the tuition fees of the three selected
o Maximum academic fees (administration and tuition fees combined) financed with a full
o For academic fees higher than 5000€ co-financing options must be provided (personal
savings and/or enterprise sponsorship).
E-mail complete application folder (7 attachments in PDF format only) before 15 March 2019 to
Application form for French Embassy PhD Scholarship programme 2019 – 2020
1. PERSONAL DETAILS
Surname (as it appears on your passport)
First name(s) (as it appears in your passport)
Sex (mark with X) Male Female
(please inform in case of dual nationality)
Date of birth (dd/mm/yyyy)
Place (city) of birth
Country of birth
Marital status (mark with X) Single Married /
Civil Union Other
Required documents (to accompany this form):
1. Fully completed and signed application form
2. Certified copy of valid passport
3. Certified copies of all degree certificates and academic transcripts (both for complete and
4. Motivation letter (no longer than two pages)
5. Curriculum vitae (no longer than two pages)
6. Outline of research project (no longer than two pages)
7. Supporting letter from supervisor in South Africa
8. Invitation letter from supervisor in France
9. Proof of registration at a South African university
A hosting agreement signed by the Prefecture in France and the French academic institution will be
requested upon visa application. Please apply for this document at least 2 months in advance of your
departure for France – once you have secured funding for your stay in France.
E-mail the complete application (9 attachments in PDF format): [email protected]
Please note that there is no deadline and applications are accepted throughout the year.
Remember, you do not have to speak French to study in France – numerous Master programs taught in English are available at French Higher Education institutions.
- PhD French Embassy application form 2019
- PhD French Embassy information sheet 2019
- Masters French Embassy application form 2019_2020
- Masters French Embassy information sheet 2019_2020
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the French Embassy Master and PhD scholarship program 2019/2020
Am BARASA ELUID TITUS from Uganda looking for a scholarship to study a bachelors degree of nursing by January 2019.
Full Thinks of your….!
i am Ata Gulzad From Kabul Afghanistan .looking for a scholarship to study master degree of IT or Data base or management of computer since filed.
please pass me to my bigest dream master degree of BCS.
[…] limite d’inscription: 20 janvier 2021Le programme de bourses France – Afrique du Sud s’adresse aux étudiants sud-africains qui ont l’intention d’étudier dans des […]