Application Deadline: April 7th 2019
Learn Africa selects African Female Undergraduate and Graduate Students for Scholarships at Spanish and Portuguese Universities
After the success of previous programs, we launched the third public edition of the scholarship program for African women students universities Learn Africa, thanks to which a hundred students have already enjoyed studies in Spanish universities.
This program, promoted by the Women for Africa Foundation, aims to promote the transfer of knowledge, exchange and training of African women undergraduate and graduate students through scholarships in Spanish universities that collaborate in this initiative. Thanks to these scholarships, the selected students can complement their university education in our country, and then invest what has been learned to benefit their communities, thus contributing to the progress of African societies.
In general, any person who meets the following requirements:
- Be a woman and have the nationality of an African country.
- Be enrolled in an African university or have a university degree issued in an African country. For Postgraduate Scholarships, the Degree title is required. The required degree can vary depending on the requested scholarship (See details of each scholarship).
- Meet the specific requirements of each type of scholarship.
- Only one application per person
The scholarships are funded mostly by the universities participating in the program – all of them, members of the Conference of Rectors of Spanish Universities (CRUE) – and cover round trips, tuition and fees, accommodation and food, and medical insurance.
The scholarships included in this call have a variable duration depending on the modality agreed with each of the host universities and the training program offered, comprising of periods ranging from short stays, as is the case of some research projects, or to four years for those aiming to Master and Doctorate.
The majority of the scholarships that are offered in this program are for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Selection Process and Results
The selection process will be coordinated by the Women for Africa Foundation and will take place between April 8th and the 30th, according to the following criteria:
- CV (academic record, previous education, languages spoken, professional experience)
- Reference letters
- Personal motivation letter
- Language Requirement
- Research Project (necessary only in the case of doctoral student scholarships)
The final selection will be agreed with each of the participating universities, the results of the selection process will be available at the end of June on the Foundation’s website and will be personally communicated to each of the selected applicants.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the