Application Deadline: June 30th 2018
The Postdoctoral Fellowship provides funds for an emerging scientist from a developing country to complete a research project in New Zealand in an area aligned with livestock greenhouse gas mitigation.
The Fellowship must be spent in New Zealand. It is for a minimum of 12 months and a maximum of two years and must be started within one year of the award being granted.
To be eligible for the Postdoctoral Fellowship, you must:
- Have gained a PhD in the last 5 years.
- Be a high achieving researcher (supported by academic transcripts, letters of recommendation and publishing record).
- Be employed in an area of research aligned with livestock greenhouse gas mitigation in your home country.
- Have the support of your employer to apply for the Fellowship.
- Have a mentor in a New Zealand research organisation (host).
- Be resident in a developing country as defined by the OECD list of Overseas Development Assistance (ODA) recipients: http://www.oecd.org/dac/stats/daclist.htm
- Satisfy New Zealand Government requirements for international entry into New Zealand.
- Be able to speak and understand English to a level sufficient to function in a research role.
Funding is available for:
- Up to NZD$50,000 per year for a maximum of two years to cover living expenses while inNew Zealand (pro rata to be calculated on time spent in New Zealand).
- Up to NZD$5,000 will be provided for return economy class airfares and travel/medicalinsurance.
- Up to NZD$5,000 will be provided to assist with research costs associated with the project.
How to Apply:
- There is a two-stage application process. The New Zealand Agricultural Greenhouse Gas Research Centre (NZAGRC) administers the LEARN awards on behalf of the Ministry for Primary Industries.
- Applicants must first submit an Expression Of Interest (EOI) to to determine eligibility. Forms can be downloaded from here. If eligibility is confirmed, the applicant will be invited to submit a full application to be considered by an assessment panel and Ministry for Primary Industries.
- An EOI for a Postdoctoral Fellowship can be submitted at any time during the year, however full applications must be submitted by 30 June (New Zealand time).
For More Information: