Application Deadline:12 May, 2017 17.00 GMT.
To support the training of eye health professionals with strong public health skills, we are offering scholarships for candidates from low- and middle-income Commonwealth countries who have been accepted to study for a Masters in Public Health for Eye Care at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM), United Kingdom.
The Masters in Public Health for Eye Care at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is a well-established course that aims to train leaders in prevention of blindness and to strengthen research and academic capacity for eye care programmes and training facilities, particularly in low- and middle-income countries. The course provides eye health professionals with the public health knowledge and skills required to reduce blindness and visual disability in their population.
The applicant must:
- come from low or middle income Commonwealth countries that are less represented in the alumni body of the MSc Public health for eye care
- work in regions where there are severe constraints in human resources for eye health
- work in regions where there are no / limited training opportunities in PHEC / community eye health
- demonstrate previous involvement / commitment to community eye health activities or VISION2020 programmes
- present a clear career plan in public health for eye care, which they will realistically
- be able to follow on completion of the MSc
- have experience in public health for eye care based research and/or training in eye care
- fulfil the UK Border Agency English Language Requirement by passing the LSHTM English language requirement by 12 May, 2017.
- Several scholarships are made available each year.
- Each scholarship covers course fees, two return flights, dissertation project funds, living costs and accommodation at the International Students House in Central London.
- Download Application: CEHC 2017.18 – MSc Scholarships Application. Word Doc.
- Download and complete the form and submit to the ICEH Student & Alumni Engagement Officer – Romulo Fabunan at [email protected] by the deadline: 12 May, 2017 17.00 GMT.
For More Information: