Application Deadline: 30 April 2021.
The Loughborough Development Trust Africa Scholarships, will cover 100% of the course fees for your chosen postgraduate taught course for one year (replacing any school/department or Loughborough University scholarships or bursaries you may already have been awarded).
The scholarships are funded through a combination of generous external funding and university funds. The University will award a limited number of scholarships and the standards required are very high.
You will be expected to fund your travel and maintenance costs through other sources. Evidence of maintenance funds must be included in the scholarship application.
Application process and eligibility criteria
You may only apply for the scholarship after an offer for a place has been made.
Applications will be initially shortlisted and the final decision on the awards will be made by a selection panel of senior staff at Loughborough. The selection panel will use the following eligibility criteria when assessing applications:
- currently domiciled (permanently living) in Africa
- evidence of exceptional academic achievement (normally a first class honours degree)
- commitment to return to your home country on completion of postgraduate programme
- evidence of the ability and commitment to make a significant contribution to your home country on your return
- full understanding of the costs involved in coming to study and live in the UK
- evidence of strong motivation and initiative to secure funds to cover the remainder of the costs involved.
We would advise you to spend considerable effort ensuring that this application reaches the selectors in a form that is clear, well presented and which reflects your abilities and motivation.
Scholarship applications will not be considered unless you are holding an offer or a place at the time of submission (this offer may be a conditional or unconditional offer). Please do not submit your scholarship application until you have received your offer letter. Applications will only be considered if all parts of the form are completed in full.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. A confirmation email will be sent when your application has been received. If your application is shortlisted, you will be given further guidelines on what will happen next.
For More Information: