Application Deadline: 6th March 2020.
Makerere University (Uganda) and the Leibniz Universität – Hannover (Germany) with financial support from the Volkswagen Foundation (Germany) invite applications from MSc and early PhD students less than 35 years of age from any university/research institution in sub-Sahara Africa or Germany with an interest in natural resources management for the Summer School due to take place from 19th July to 2nd August 2020.
Participants and Scholarships: Participation in the course is free of charge. The course is fully funded and open to 20 Africans MSc and PhD students. Scholarships will include the costs of air ticket, accommodation, meals, visa and transportation. However, participants will have to cover the cost for their travel health insurance.
Language: The course will be delivered in English. Participants are expected to be fluent in writing and speaking of the English language.
How to apply
Applicants are kindly requested to fill in the application form available at https://form.jotformeu.com/90379161435358 and submit the following documents in English through by email to fellows[at]gem.uni-hannover.de and copy to jkarungi[at]caes.mak.ac.ug or lydiaolaka[at]gmail.com or africansummerschool[at]gmail.com
- A detailed curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages)
- A letter of motivation (max. 1 page) for new applicants, and a letter of reflection on how they utilized the training for those who participated in session 1).
- A confirmation of enrollment at the university
- A letter of reference from the academic supervisor (with original signature);
- A draft of a project proposal to be presented (02 pages).
Application deadline: 6th March 2020.
Announcement of accepted applicants: 4th May 2020.
Confirmation of attendance by selected participants: 29th May 2020.
Summer School held: 19th July – 2nd August 2020
For More Information: