Application Deadline: 14 June 2019;
If you frame your world through camera angles, narrate reality like a movie script, and edit the montage of your life like a film director, then here’s a flash-forward into your future – MultiChoice Africa is calling all aspiring film directors, DOPs, sound guys, and scriptwriters to help us ignite Africa’s creative industries. Who knows, perhaps one day your name will be rolling across the closing credits on our DStv channels.
In May 2019, on the occasion of Africa Month, we’re launching a call to entry for the MultiChoice Talent Factory (MTF) Academy class of 2019. We’re recruiting aspiring African talent – that’s you – to gain theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience in cinematography, film editing, audio production and storytelling. Sixty talented students from 13 African countries will get the chance to hone their film and television production skills alongside industry greats. This year-long, funded, programme will be supported by MultiChoice Talent Factory academies hosted in Kenya, Nigeria and Zambia. Students will create quality local content that will be broadcast on our local M-Net channels on the MultiChoice platform.
MultiChoice Talent Factory graduates will also get to showcase their portfolio of work on the MTF Portal – a database for film professionals across the continent, where they can access job opportunities, keep up to date with industry news, and expand their network.
At MultiChoice Africa, the African entertainment industry is at the core of who we are and what we do. This social investment programme shows our commitment – alongside long-term partnerships with government, stakeholders and creative organisations – to develop Africa’s creative industries into vibrant, economic centres. This is how MultiChoice uses the power of entertainment to enrich lives.
To be eligible to participate in the MTF Academy, applicants must:
- have a qualification from a registered and/or recognised post-secondary education institution as set out in clause 4.3.5 below; and/or
- have experience in the film industry.
Applicants who hold a qualification must:
- be over 18 years of age;
- be citizens and residents of the countries from which they are selected by MultiChoice to participate in the MTF Academy initiative, namely Angola, Botswana, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe;
- be fluent in English in terms of speaking, reading and writing;
- demonstrate passion for the drama, film, television or related media and entertainment industry during selection interviews; and
- have completed a relevant qualification from an accredited and/or recognised tertiary education institution in drama, film, television or a related media field, within the last 2 years. For the avoidance of doubt, the said qualification must be obtained only from a post-secondary education institution which has been accredited or recognised by a relevant registered institution.
MultiChoice Africa will be providing academy students with a fair and reasonable monthly stipend, calculated at industry standards and in line with MultiChoice Africa’s HR policies, to meet their living expenses. For students who need to relocate, a housing allowance and travelling costs will be provided. Further stipend amounts are set and are non-negotiable.
- Sshall be required to be in possession of a valid passport;
- shall be required to participate in the MTF Academy and enter into an agreement for the 12-month academic and skills development programme at a location as advised by MultiChoice;
- agree to be bound by, and comply with, the terms and conditions of the skills development agreement and any production or other agreements that may be required to be concluded from time to time, and any rules, policies, code of conduct or other regulations applicable in relation to the MTF Academy;
- must be willing to relocate to Lagos, Lusaka or Nairobi (as the case may be) for the full 12-month period of the MTF Academy programme;
- may not be employed elsewhere for the duration of the MTF Academy programme. For the avoidance of doubt, a successful applicant must not be a party to any oral and/or written agreement (as the case may) that has, or may have, a negative or adverse impact on his/her involvement with, or participation in, the MTF Academy;
How to apply
- If you are driven, committed to developing your skills and
interested in participating in the MTF Academy and meet the eligibility
criteria set out in either clauses 4.2, 4.3 or clause 4.4, then:
- you must register on the MTF Academy website at multichoicetalentfactory.com;
- correctly and fully complete the online application form;
- write an online a motivation letter; and
collate and electronically submit all of the relevant supporting documents listed below:
- your curriculum vitae; including contactable references
- certified copy of academic transcripts or certificate from a tertiary institution; and/or
- You may also be required to provide references or any other documents that MultiChoice may stipulate.
- Your application must be submitted online by no later than the Closing Date and Time.
For More Information: