Application Deadline: July 31st 2020
1000 Girls, 1000 Futures is a groundbreaking initiative designed to engage young women interested in science, technology, engineering, and math, and advance their pursuit of STEM careers through mentoring and 21st-century skills development.
WHO is this program for?
- Girls around the world, aged 13-17 years old currently enrolled in high school or an equivalent, who are enthusiastic about science, technology, engineering or math (STEM)
- Women working in STEM, across all disciplines and sectors, who are willing to act as mentors, coaches, and role models
- Mentoring from real scientists and engineers in the 1000 Girls, 1000 Futures network.
- Coursework, completed at your own pace, emphasizing college readiness, leadership, communication, and critical thinking.
- The opportunity to network with an awesome group of peers and female STEM professionals through social interaction, message boards, online events, and activities such as an optional Book Club. This is a safe, fun place to be a smart girl!
- Get help when you need it! You can connect with mentors at any time through our online platform.
- The coursework is independent and asynchronous, which means you complete some of the modules at your own pace
- You can engage with the network as often as you want—it’s a great way to make friends and gather resources!
- way to make friends and gather resources!
WHERE does the program happen?
- All discussions, coursework, and networking takes place on Schoology.
WHY should I participate?
- Students and mentors not only gain access to an exclusive STEM network – they also receive a FREE 1-year membership to the New York Academy of Sciences!
HOW can you offer this program at no cost to all participants?
- This program is free because the New York Academy of Sciences believes in the expanded involvement of girls and women in STEM. We believe that layered mentoring from peers and relatable role models will bring important future scientists, mathematicians, technologists, engineers, innovators, and leaders into in the career pipeline. We believe that you can’t be what you can’t see, and we want to show you a wide variety of the girls and women who are already leaders across the spectrum of STEM specialties!
For More Information: