Application Deadline: june 30 2014
The BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge and Culture Awards are intended to recognize basic research and creative work of excellence, as embedded in theoretical advances, models and fundamental perspectives for an improved understanding of the natural, social and artificial or technological worlds, technological innovations and developments, and the creation of outstanding works or new artistic or interpretative styles in contemporary classical music.
Awards also go to significant achievements that advance our understanding or deliver material progress with regard to two key challenges of the global society of the 21st century: climate change and development cooperation.
Awards will be granted in eight prize categories, spanning three domains.
- Basic Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
- Ecology and Conservation Biology
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Economics, Finance and Management
- Contemporary Music
- Climate Change
- Development Cooperation
- Candidates shall be one or more natural persons of any nationality, without limitation of number in the case of convergent contributions to a given advance, whether due to a formal collaboration (with the candidate(s) belonging to one or more groups) or parallel working.
The BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge and Culture Awards will consist of €400,000, a diploma and a commemorative artwork in each prize category.
Entry submission and documentation
The nominations process will open on January 1, 2014 and conclude at 23.00 hours GMT on June 30 of the same year.
All nominations should be submitted through the website of the BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge and Culture Awards: www.fbbva.es/awards.
For More Information: