Application Deadline: 30 September 2014
Next Step Challenge is an international competition for startups working within the fields of next-generation energy and digital products and services.
Next Step Challenge offers businesses the opportunity to take full advantage of a unique digital infrastructure. We provide you with access to over 250,000 real customers using one of the world’s most advanced digital infrastructures built on fibre broadband and the smart grid.
If you work in one of the following areas, Next Step Challenge could be the smartest move your startup will ever make:
- Digital Health
- Smart Energy
- Smart Home
- Part of the Challenge program requires that a minimum of two members from the management team relocate to Next Step City in Esbjerg for a minimum of four months.
- Foreign startup representatives must have valid passports and non-EU residents must be able to obtain the necessary travel documents.
- Startups should be ready to disrupt the market and aspire to change the lives of the people they reach – or even to change the world.
- To enter Next Step Challenge, candidates must have the right product, the right team and the ability to meet our eligibility requirements.
- Participants have to relocate to Next Step City for a minimum of four months to take part in the Challenge. Office space and accommodation will be provided.
- Participants must relocate minimum 2 people from the management team.
- Participants from outside the EU must be able to obtain all necessary permits and travel documents.
- Since the coaching and mentoring is in English, it is required that participants have the language skills needed to receive the full benefit of the training sessions.
Benefits of the Next Step Challenge
All Next Step Challenge participants are enrolled in an extensive six-month business development program that guarantees:
- Two months of preparation where your business is currently located and four months on site in Next Step City
- EUR 30,000 in seed financing (based on a due diligence) when you relocate to Next Step City
- Individual mentoring by external business experts from leading Danish and international companies
- 200+ hours of personal business training from experienced Accelerace consultants
- Learning labs and workshops where you will get intensive training designed to maximize your business potential
- The opportunity to test technology on 261,000 households using one of the world’s most advanced digital infrastructures
- Free office space in Next Step City with access to high-speed broadband
- Free housing in the region during the four-month relocation period
- Rich opportunity to qualify for further financing from Accelerace and other Danish seed funds
- A Founders pack with resources and tools worth EUR 50,000+
- The benefit of a collaborative business environment featuring ambitious companies like your own
For More Information :