Application Deadline: 20 February 2018
Nuffic Neso South Africa is an overseas office of Nuffic and part of a worldwide network of Netherlands Education Support Offices that operates in locations of strategic importance for Dutch higher education.
The main activities of Nuffic Neso South Africa are:
- Study in Holland promotion and student counselling for South African students;
- Providing information on study programmes and internship places for Dutch students in South Africa;
- Market information and analysis;
- Holland Alumni network;
- Capacity development in education;
- Project development and management.
Nuffic Neso South Africa is developing a Study in South Africa Desk to provide students from Dutch universities, universities of applied sciences and vocational colleges with information and support on study, research and internship possibilities in South Africa.
To maximise the international exposure we will appoint two interns, one from South Africa and one from the Netherlands who will work closely together. Activities of the interns may include:
- Contribute to the development of the Study in South Africa Desk;
- Work on the online platform (website development);
- CRM: database management;
- Social media management (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) including the generation of content;
- Event management: invitations, reminders and follow-up to database;
- Liaison with printing partners: ordering and picking up marketing materials;
- Day-to-day administrative assignments (answering the phone, handling correspondence, making travel plans);
- Document internship period for the WilWeg initiative – social media take over, blogging or vlogging;
- Work on general Neso activities.
You fulfil the following job requirements:
- You are a student or fresh graduate from a university, university of applied sciences or vocational colleges.
- You are a responsible, proactive and result-driven individual.
- Your field of study is relevant for the internship vacancy and should be in the field of business, commerce, trade, communication/media or economics.
- You combine an entrepreneurial attitude with good communication skills and interest in the international education sector.
- You are organised and detail-oriented, and can combine multiple tasks at the same time.
- You are fully computer literate and have affinity with CRM systems and content development for websites.
- You enjoy building networks and maintaining relations with external partners like companies, government and education institutions.
- You are fully proficient in English.
- You are situated in PTA/JHB and have means of travel.
- You are a South African citizen.
Nuffic Neso can offer you:
- a dynamic and international work environment;
- the opportunity to work on an interesting start-up project;
- an internship of 3 to 6 months;
- a monthly allowance of R5,000;
- a travel allowance.
For more information or to apply
- For more information about the position, please contact Mrs Meghan Rossouw, Liaison Officer at Nuffic Neso South Africa via +27 (0)12 346 0982 or .
- To apply, please email your letter of application and CV no later than 20 February 2018 to Nuffic Neso South Africa: mentioning ‘Internship’ in the subject line.
For More Information: