Application Deadline: 12 noon on 13 February, 2017
The UK Department for International Development (DFID) is offering a six (6) month internship opportunity for a school leaver, university student or graduate to join DFID Tanzania from 03 April, 2017.
DFID is a UK government department which leads the UK’s work to end extreme poverty. We’re ending the need for aid by creating jobs, unlocking the potential of girls and women and helping to save lives when humanitarian emergencies hit.
The successful intern will have experience in:
- Delivering results – accepting responsibility for the quality and accuracy of your work; ability to prioritise your workload; good time management; show initiative and handle a variety of tasks at the same time
- Working with others – work effectively and supportively in a team; build productive working relationships with team members and work with a diverse range of people
- Learning & development – open and flexible approach to new ideas, drawing on them and on experience to improve results; enthusiastic about personal development
This can be demonstrated through work, volunteering, academic or other relevant experience. There is no requirement for formal employment experience.
- This opportunity is only open to Tanzanian nationals or applicants who are currently residing in Tanzania and have the legal right to work and live in Tanzania for the duration of this contract.
- Fluency in English and Swahili (reading, writing and speaking)
- Passion for development
- Good IT skills, in particular the MS Office package
- Motivated, pro-active, willing to learn and develop
- Your placement will include supporting your colleagues to deliver their day-to-day work, as well as leading a project or initiative of your own choosing, in agreement with your line manager.
- The purpose of the internship is to develop skills and experience that you can use in the wide variety of fields in their future career, including gaining a better understanding of working in an international environment.
- The position also offers the opportunity to develop skills in communication, participating in projects and working with others.
The successful candidates will support DFID Tanzania in delivering development activities across an exciting and diverse portfolio, delivered by four teams:
- Human Investment Team: including education, health, water, family planning, nutrition and social protection
- Sustainable Growth Team: including agriculture, infrastructure, job creation, access to finance and trade
- Governance team: including civil society, anti-corruption, elections and human rights
- Strategy, Delivery and Results: including public financial management, tax and statistics
How to apply
- Applicants should submit a one page CV, latest academic results and a one page statement outlining why you are interested in the position and how you are a suitable candidate for the internship by email to [email protected] with the subject line “Internship Opportunity – Tanzania”.
- Failure to comply with this procedure might lead to your application not being viewed.
Interview and start date
- Interviews will be held in the week commencing 20 February, 2017.
- Only those candidates who are successful in the initial sift of applications will be contacted and invited to an interview.
- The planned start date for this position is 03 April, 2017 subject to successful completion of security clearances.
For More Information: