Application Deadline: 5 January 2016.
In 2016, ONE will roll out the ONE Champions Program, the first of its kind for ONE in Africa. This is a voluntary program where ONE will recruit, train, and support 20 Champions who will in turn help support ONE with its advocacy and campaigns efforts in Nigeria.
ONE Champions will work closely with the ONE Nigeria Country Representative and the ONE Campaigns team to develop innovative and exciting ways to engage policymakers on issues that affect their communities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to impact the world working with a highly-visible, mission-driven organisation in an incredible, supportive environment. Champions will receive training on how to campaign, lobby decision-makers and talk to the media. You will have the opportunity to attend ONE events and put your skills into practice in meetings with high-level decision makers.
In this role you will
- Partner with the ONE Africa Team to deliver successful campaigns
- Develop analyses an write ups on key issues
- Help to plan and deliver campaigns actions, stunts and member-recruitment activities
- Help ONE identify strategic personalities to lobby in their constituencies
- Keep ONE informed on key developments in Nigeria as well as support in developing content
- Support ONE to organise activities that will increase the impact of our campaigns
- Partner with our team to plan events, social media activities and other fun actions that ONE will undertake
- Assist in the mobilization of supporters in Nigeria
What we need from you
- Passion for creating change
- Analytical, organising and writing skills
- Proven interest in working towards the end of extreme poverty
- Interest in engaging influentials and communities on issues of relevance
- Willingness to dedicate time to mobilise people to support ONE’s initiatives
- A fantastic opportunity to make a huge impact in the world
- Experience working with a highly-visible, mission-driven organisation in an incredible, supportive environment
- Trainings on campaigns and advocacy
- Receive a ONE certificate of participation
- Attend conferences with ONE
Please send your CV and a cover letter illustrating why you would be ideal for this program, together with examples of activities you have conducted in line with ending extreme poverty. The deadline for applications is 5 January 2016.
For More Information: