Application Deadline: Ongoing
One Young World, the global forum for young leaders, is establishing a fund for young leaders on the frontlines of the COVID-19 response. Around the world, One Young World Ambassadors are combatting the Coronavirus with the most innovative methods in the most challenging circumstances.
One Young World has launched a Global Fund for Young Leaders Tackling COVID-19. OYW are now accepting applications for the Covid-19 Young Leaders Fund 2020.
The fund is the first of its kind for young leaders who are addressing the impacts of COVID-19 and is supported by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and United Way. Young leaders have capacity for innovation, understanding of digital tools, and high levels of social responsibility, which makes them powerful actors in addressing any humanitarian challenge.
- Focussed on the SDG’s with a clear connection to combatting Covid-19, for example:
- SDG 3: producing medical supplies to tackle the infection or symptoms of the virus
- SDG 4: providing resources to disadvantaged children to support the continuation of education during school closures
- SDG 5: protecting victims of domestic violence during lockdown
- SDG 6: providing sanitation resources to help prevent the spread of the virus
- SDG 8: creating work for unemployed persons in vital sectors
- All countries around the world
- Producing direct, quantifiable impact
- Apolitical in nature
- Must not be operated for profit
- Impacting >500 people directly
- Focussed on assisting the most vulnerable in society
- Operational (or ready to start within 3 weeks of application submission)
- Founded and/or managed by young leaders (aged approximately 18-35)
- Applications must be submitted in the English language to be reviewed
- Operating in accordance with WHO’s scientific guidance
We undertake a careful and detailed review of all applications before any funding decision is made to ensure that we are supporting high quality projects. Your initiative will be assessed based on One Young World’s UUU Criteria:
One Young World will prioritise initiatives which can use the funds to generate positive impact with immediate effect. Depending on the scale of the funding, initiatives should aim that:
- Outcomes will be achieved within ten days of receiving funds
- Outcomes will be achieved within one month of receiving funds
One Young World will prioritise initiatives which can use the funds to impact the maximum number of people to the greatest extent. Depending on the scale of the funding, initiatives should aim that:
- Funds will be used to help 1,000+ people
- Funds will be used to help between 500 and 1,000 people
One Young World will prioritise initiatives which can use the funds to support the most vulnerable in society. Depending on their scope, initiatives should aim that:
- Funds will be used to help a group that suffer systemic discrimination
- Funds will be used to help a group with >50% living in poverty
1. Submit your Application
The proposal must be submitted within the deadline specified in the advertisement of the call for application and filled in via the official application form. This includes a request for the following information:
- “Business” Plan – set out the organisation and initiatives background, objectives, structure and methods
- Budget Plan – set out a clear plan of how you would use the funds
- Documentation to verify the legal status of your initiative
- Contact details for 2 references
- Images/Video to document the initiative’s impact to date
If you have difficulty uploading this information, please contact [email protected].
During the process, you will be asked to request a funding amount, for which you should provide an accurate breakdown of proposed expenditure. One Young World recommends requesting between GBP 2,500 – GBP 10,000. This size of grant is designed to ensure that the fund can support various projects, helping people all over the world, maximising the reach and impact of the support.
Please note that your proposal is considered submitted only once you receive a message of confirmation of receipt, typically sent within one working day of completing the form.
Selection of Proposals
After the submission deadline, One Young World will select the best proposals eligible for the next upcoming round of funding. One Young World fast tracks projects led by One Young World Ambassadors who have received prior analysis and participated in due diligence processes. Initially successful applications will be contacted for further information, and to finalise details of the grant within 3 weeks after the submission deadline.
PLEASE NOTE: During this stage, One Young World may require additional information from you to verify the documents and statements you submitted under Step 1. Please make sure to regularly check your email inbox and spam folder, as One Young World cannot accept any delays in submitting additional information.
For More Information: