Application Deadline: 3 February 2015, 23:59 CET.
What: 8th IAS Conference on HIV Pathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention (IAS 2015)
Where: Vancouver Convention Centre , Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
When: 19-22 July 2015
The 8th IAS Conference on HIV Pathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention (IAS 2015) will be held at the Vancouver Convention Centre on 19-22 July 2015 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. This biennial forum is the largest open scientific conference on HIV/AIDS related issues and is expected to gather some 6,000 delegates from across the globe.
IAS 2015 will be a unique opportunity for all those involved in the global response to HIV, including scientists, clinicians, public health experts, community leaders, and media professionals, to meet and examine the latest scientific developments in HIV-related research, and explore how such developments can be realistically applied in implementation programmes.
International Scholarship Programme
Scholarships provide financial assistance to a number of people from resource-limited settings and communities, researchers and students to help them attend the conference.
- The programme is open to everyone around the world. Priority will be given to those whose abstract submission has been selected for presentation in the programme. A limited number of scholarships will be also available for individuals whose participation will help enhance their work in their own communities and to those who are able to assist in the transfer of skills and knowledge acquired at the conference.
Although every attempt will be made to assist as many people as possible, we regret that there are only a limited number of international scholarships available. On average, less than 10% of applicants are awarded. Applicants are therefore strongly encouraged to seek other funding as well.
- Those interested in applying for an International Scholarship must complete the online International Scholarship application form through their conference profile between 8 December 2014 and 3 February 2015, 23:59 CET.
- Those submitting an abstract and interested in applying for an International Scholarship should start their scholarship request through their conference profile. Applicants will then receive instructions on how to link their abstract to their scholarship application.
- All International Scholarship applicants are required to submit a letter of recommendation after completing the scholarship application form. No application will be accepted without submission of the letter of recommendation.
Media Scholarship Programme
A very limited number of scholarships will be available for media representatives from around the world.
Those interested in applying for a Media Scholarship must complete the online Media Scholarship application form through their conference profile between 8 December 2014 and 3 February 2015, 23:59 CET. See the questions included in the form.
Media scholarship applicants will also be asked to provide media accreditation and supporting documents. No media application will be accepted without submission of the required supporting documentation.
International scholarship applications are open to anyone working or volunteering in the field of HIV who are at least 18 years of age at the time of the conference (19 July 2015). Click here to read the International Scholarship terms and conditions.
Media scholarship applications are open to all bona fide journalists who are at least 18 years of age at the time of the conference (19 July 2015). Read the Media Scholarship terms and conditions.
Most of the questions asked on the application form are related to personal details and work experience. There are also questions which ask for further details regarding the applicant’s organization, occupation or involvement in the field of HIV, motivation to attend the conference and how the applicant’s organization or community would benefit from the scholarship.
Types of Support
Applicants will be able to request a full or partial scholarship through an online application system.
A full scholarship includes:
- Registration fee for the conference (includes access to all sessions and exhibitions);
- Travel pre-paid airfare at the lowest fare available, from the nearest international airport);
- Accommodation for the days of the conference;
- Modest daily living allowance for the duration of the conference (19-22 July 2015, USD 37 per day).
A partial scholarship includes any combination of the above. Both full and partial scholarships will be awarded. Please note that funding is limited and demand for scholarships is high. Scholarship applicants are therefore encouraged to seek other funding as well.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the IAS Conference on HIV Pathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention (IAS 2015)