Application Deadline: January 31st 2015
The Postgraduate Academic Mobility for African Physician – Scientists (PAMAPS) is a partnership of 6 African Universities spread across the four regions of Africa and also involving the Anglophone and Francophone African countries. The partnership comprises of :
- The College of Medicine, University of Ibadan (COMUI) and the College of Medicine, University of Lagos (CMUL), both in Nigeria.
- Addis Ababa University (AAU), Ethiopia;
- University of Cape Town (UCT), South Africa;
- University of Nairobi (CHS-UoN), Kenya and
- Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Yaoundé I (FMBS/UYI), Cameroon.
The Project is being funded under the Intra ACP Academic Mobility Scheme, Africa (MWALIMU NYERERE) AND CARIBBEAN AND PACIFIC (Agreement Number 2013-4692/001-001). The project supports staff and students exchange in selected specialities of medicine within the partnership as well as eligible physicians outside the partnership. PAMAPS also supports training, teaching and research capacity of physician-scientists in the HEIs through seminars and workshops.
PAMAPS IS ONLY COMMITTED TO PROVIDING SCHOLARSHIP TO INDIVIDUALS WHO STUDIED MEDICINE, DENTISTRY AND PURELY CLINICAL-RELATED SPECIALITIES TO PURSUE POSTGRADUATE ACADEMIC DEGREES OUTSIDE THEIR COUNTRY OF BIRTH/NATIONALITY.
For students mobility
In order to be eligible for a PAMAPS scholarship under this Intra-ACP EU funded project, applicant must:
a. Be a national of one of the AFRICAN Countries.
b. Have sufficient knowledge of the language of the courses or of one of the official languages of teaching in the hosting countries.
After the application deadline, first the local PAMAPS Academic Evaluation Committee and then the PAMAPS Mobility Selection Committee will review all applications.
Only complete applications will be considered for selection. Your application is complete if you have uploaded all the requested documents.
The home and host universities of the consortium will work with PAMAPS Mobility Selection Committee to evaluate the applications based upon the following criteria:
- Academic merit
- Motivation for the mobility period
- Student’s Learning Agreement and/or Study Plan
- Research/Teaching Plan (for PhD and academic staff)
Before You Apply
- As an applicant, it mandatory that you register on this web site before you can proceed with your application. Click here to register
- Before submitting your application, read through the “Checks 1 to 6″ below and familiarize yourself with the details. You are advised to carefully check and select your intended host institution and study programme of your choice, before submitting the application.
For More Information: