Application Deadline: April 15th 2016
The Italian Government awards scholarships for studying in Italy both to foreign citizens and Italian citizens resident abroad (IRE).
The scholarships are offered for the following type of courses:
- Undergraduate University courses (renewals only);
- Postgraduate University courses;
- Master’s Degree courses (Levels I or II);
- Ph.D. Courses;
- Specialisation Schools;
- Research under academic supervision;
- Courses of Higher Education in Art, Music and Dance (AFAM);
- Advanced Courses on Italian language and culture Courses for Teachers of Italian as second language.
- Educational qualification required by the chosen institution
- Knowledge of Italian Language: candidates must possess a certificate of intermediate level in Italian (e.g. CILS B2, CELI 3, PLIDA B2 or INT.IT Roma Tre) or equivalent linguistic proficiency issued by a local organization or language school (e.g. Italian Cultural Institute, Dante Alighieri Society branch etc.). Applicants for enrolment in university courses held entirely in English, must have at least an A2 level proficiency in Italian..
- Age limits: candidates who are younger than 18 y. o. (born not after 15 April 1998) or older than 35 y. o. (born not before 15 April 1981) on the day of the deadline for the submission of the applications, are not eligible.
- Candidates for Courses for teachers of Italian as second language (see above, section III, letter I) are eligible until they are 45 y. o. (born not before 15 April 1971) on the day of the deadline for the submission of the applications.
- Restrictions: : Students enrolled in a year exceeding the legal duration of the course of study (the so-called “fuori corso”) are not eligible for scholarships.
Before submitting their applications prospective applicants to Italian bursaries must contact the university or institution in Italy where they intend to study. They are advised to be as fully informed as possible about the institution and course of study of their choice.
Applicants may obtain country-specific information from the Italian diplomatic mission or Italian Cultural Institute in their country of origin, either in person or from the institutional websites. Contact details for Italian foreign missions abroad are available at Italian Embassies or Consulates Abroad either in person or from the institutional websites. All applicants must fill in the on-line application form at “Borse on Line” by 15 April 2016.
For More Information: