Application Deadline: 10th July 2015
IAO and the School of Agriculture of the University of Florence are glad to issue a call for applications to the second edition of the MSc in Natural Resources Management for Tropical Rural Development, scheduled in academic years 2015-2017.
This call is primarily addressed to applicants from countries eligible for Italian Cooperation scholarships: Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, Mozambique, Burkina Faso, Niger, Senegal and Sudan. 16 accepted candidates will be admitted to the “Land and Water” curriculum of studies.
The structure of the program includes about 15 months of study in Florence and 9 months of research work off-class. Other applicants are kindly invited to refer to the University of Florence.
The scholarships provided by the Italian cooperation will cover the following:
– no. 3 return flights from the capital city of the participant’s home country to Florence, Italy, so as to participate to all academic sections of the 2-year program;
– food and lodging at IAO Training Centre for a total of 15.5 months over 2 years;
– medical insurance;
– administrative costs related to the Permit of Stay in Italy, enrollment fees at the University of Florence;
– logistic and administrative support by IAO staff;
– small pocket money for personal expenses.
In 2015 the Italian Cooperation will provide funding for 16 participants to be selected from the following countries: Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, Sudan, Mozambique, Burkina Faso, Niger and Senegal.
- If you have earned a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forest Sciences or Natural Sciences, after no less than a 3-year undergraduate course, you are eligible to apply for a scholarship to attend the MSc in Management of Natural Resources for Tropical Rural Development.
- A very good knowledge of English, the working language of all academic activities, is an essential requirement.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants employed in public or academic institutions and non-governmental organizations are encouraged to apply.
Applications are accepted only through the on-line system, which includes 2 steps:
- application form
- upload of university transcripts and supporting documents.
Applicants may also be asked to be available for a Skype interview, at the discretion of the MSc academic staff.
Before submitting the on-line application form, please prepare the following documents to be uploaded:
- CV (EU format recommended)
- BSc Degree + full transcripts
- Motivation letter
- Employer’s supporting statement
- English language proficiency certificate (optional if BSc degree was earned in English)
- Additional certificates or supporting documents (optional)
All of the above documents should be merged into 1 PDF file, max 5 MB.
For More Information: