Application Deadline: 20th February 2024
Applications are now open for the 2024 Türkiye Scholarships. Türkiye Scholarships is a government-funded, competitive scholarship program, awarded to outstanding students and researchers to pursue full-time or short-term program at the top universities in Türkiye. Türkiye Scholarships aims to build a network of future leaders committed to strengthening cooperation among countries and mutual understanding among societies.
What makes Türkiye Scholarships unique is that it’s not only inclusive of financial support, tuition fee, accommodation and health insurance but also provides university placement and academic, social and cultural facilities to its awardees at all levels of higher education.
Programs and Levels of Study
- Programs open for application are: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs
- Applications will be open to applicants who wish to study at bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
- Other programs such as Research Scholarships, Success Scholarships, and KATİP have different application periods and are announced regularly on our website and social media channels.
- Türkiye scholarships are avaliable to citizens from all countries.
- Minimum level of academic achievement required: Bachelor’s degree applicants: 70% Health sciences (Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy) applicants 90% Master’s and Phd degree applicants: 75% Minimum Age Criteria: Under the age of 21 for Undergraduate programs
- Under the age of 30 for Master’s programs Under the age of 35 for PhD programs Under the age of 50 for Research programs
Undergraduate Scholarship Program
Undergraduate Scholarship Program specifically designed for undergraduate applicants. Applicants interested in designated courses from engineering to health sciences, from humanities to social sciences may apply for this program.
Graduate Scholarship Program
A wide range of programs across social sciences, humanities, natural sciences and engineering at Master’s and PhD levels are offered at prestigious Turkish universities.
Merit Scholarship Program
Merit Scholarship Program is designed to inspire Türkiye Scholarships grantees to be more dedicated on their studies and encourage qualified students. Students who awarded Merit Scholarship will get monthly stipend 2 times higher than the regular payment for their level of study. Merit Scholarship is both for prospective and existing Türkiye Scholarships students.
Success Scholarship Program
Success Scholarship Program is specifically designed for students who are currently studying in Turkish universities with their own finances and have shown exceptional academic performance. Success Scholarship Program only covers monthly stipend.
Research Scholarship Program
Research Scholarship Program is designed to encourage international researchers and academicians to carry out collaborative academic research in their own fields with Turkish academicians in the most prestigious Turkish universities. The program is available for PhD holders or PhD candidates at dissertation stage.
Turkish Language Program for Public Officials and Academicians [KATİP] (8-10 months)
Turkish Language Program for Public Officials and Academicians (KATİP) is designed for foreign public officials, diplomats, academicians, and researchers who wish to learn Turkish and to get more familiar with Türkiye.
- University and Program Placement
- Research Scholarship covers the monthly stipend, only. ** Turkish Language Program for Public Officials and Academicians (KATIP) includes the following:
- monthly stipend, accommodation, transportation expenses, social and cultural activities.
- Undergraduate level: 3.500 TL per month Research Scholarships: 12.000 TL per month * Master’s level: 5.000 TL per month
- Turkish Language Program for Public Officials and Academicians: 10.000 TL per month ** PhD level: 6.500 TL per month
- Monthly Stipend Tuition Fee Turkish Language Course (1 Year)
- Health Insurance
- Once-off Flight Ticket
- Besides university education, cultural and professional development of students is also supported with:
- CULTURAL ACTIVITIES
- SEMINAR PROGRAMS IN COOPERATION WITH UNIVERSITIES AND NGOs
- INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
All candidates must submit the following documents during online application:
- A valid identification document/card or a valid passport
- A recent photo of the candidate National exam scores (if any)
- Diploma or temporary certificate of graduation International exam scores (GRE, GMAT etc.
- if required by the chosen program) Language test scores (if required by the chosen program)
- A research proposal and an example of your written work (for PhD applicants only)
For More Information: