Application deadline: 5th July
Eligibility deadline: 9th August
12-14 October 2017, Porto-Novo, Republic of Benin
“Building Capacities for Sustainable Social Change”
Trying to inspire positive change in the midst of discrimination, violence or exclusion, and resistance is a very demanding challenge that needs to be addressed by balancing one’s energy.
How do young people manage stress? How do they manage their emotions so as to avoid violence? Through the tools of “inner arts”, emotional intelligence and meditation, the World Peace Initiative Foundation through its Peace Revolution project offers you once again the opportunity to develop a lasting peace based on the principle of Peace In Peace Out.
Given the particular need to develop young leaders capable of meeting the needs of the continent, we will organize in the Republic of Benin a regional training workshop exclusively for young African citizens who speak French.
- Empower young people with the tools to inner peace, emotional intelligence, positive thinking and good habits through the practice of mindfulness, self-discipline and meditation.
- Connect young people on the continent and enhance their sense of solidarity, compassion and togetherness.
- Provide a forum of networking and exchange for future collaboration and partnerships while fostering mutual understanding and intercultural dialogue.
- Candidates must be citizens of the following countries: Benin, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of the Congo, Sao Tome and Principe, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, Mauritania, Cape Verde, Senegal, Niger, Guinea Bissau, Guinea, Mali, Togo, Burkina Faso,Tunisia,Morocco, Libya, Algeria, Djibouti, Rwanda, Burundi, Madagascar.Candidates must have completed 21 days of the online self-development program by August 9th https://peacerevolution.net/fr. Note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed the online self-development program.
- Candidates have good proficiency in written and spoken French language. Knowledge of the English language is an asset. However, the fellowship will be held exclusively in French.
- Candidates should be optimistic, open-minded, show leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in social change.
- Candidates could be students, artists, journalists, entrepreneurs, or young leaders in local, national or international organizations.
- Candidates should be committed to getting involved with World Peace Initiative Foundation by submitting a project proposal on how to use the practice of meditation as a tool to face various social challenges in their respective communities upon successful completion of the fellowship.
After completing 21 days of the self-development program, the World Peace Initiative selection committee will make an interview appointment based on your performance, as well as group combination in each fellowship. There is no need to write a request for an interview. If you are qualified, we will contact you by ourselves.
The training starts with 21 Days online self-development https://peacerevolution.net/fr program on our interactive platform providing you the basic theory and practice; to cultivate your inner peace.
The fellowship offers 3 day intensive training program providing participants with deeper insights in the relationship between mindfulness meditation and various skills necessary for enhancing effectiveness in their professional and social life. Participants will learn the benefits of meditation in relation to:
- Emotional Intelligence
- Work-life balance
- Stress management
- Non-violent communication
The fellowship in Benin includes:
- Full or partial airfare sponsorship
- Free accommodation
- Free catering
- Free local transportation
- Commitment fee of $100 ($50 for candidates of the Republic of Benin)
Everyone is welcome to join the fellowship. But to be eligible for the airfare support, candidates must be between 20-30 years old at the time of submitting application. However, if you are above 30 years old but still want to receive airfare support write us directly at the following email firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information: